Kip's Bumper Fillers

:D Kip, just wanted to say thanks for the Fiberglass Bumper Fillers. They are a perfect fit, no trimming needed. Drilled the 8 mounting holes and fits like a glove. All that is left to do is shoot some paint on them. Thanks Deren

Who is this Kip? Any chance of a link?

I would be Kip. No website just a small time guy. I am out of the bumper filler business for a while as I want to see the one Richard Clark comes out with. I am sure his will take them to a whole new level, as that is his style.

Take care, Kip

I would be Kip. No website just a small time guy. I am out of the bumper filler business for a while as I want to see the one Richard Clark comes out with. I am sure his will take them to a whole new level, as that is his style.

Take care, Kip

Does this Richard Clark have a website? I'm also looking for a set of quality rear and front fillers :cool:

I bought a set of the Fibreglass front fillers from Gbody. I was a bit concerned since people were complaining about the quality of them. This was pretty much uneeded concern.

I had a friend give me a hand setting and fitting the fiberglass fillers. We started by removing the front bumper, the messed up fillers and the headlight trim.

For the most part some of the holes were spot on others needed to be adjusted. To get the holes that did line up we used a little dykem blue put over the holes on the front fenders where the dykem made contact on the fillers for the holes we drilled and double checked them. We did our alignment from the center but made our first holes drilled on the outer edge for the vertical bolting to the fenders.

After we afixed the vertical bolting by hand we lined up the rest of the upper horizontal bolting and used a small scribe to mark the bolting holes where the clips are situated at the headlamps. Pulled the bolting on the filler and drilled the horizontal holes.

After all bolt holes were drilled we fit the fillers back in and then set the elevation and clearances for the front bumper. The nuts holding the front bumper to the shock absorbers were outlined with a white paint stick so we can set the elevation on the fly once the fillers come back from paint.

Not done yet, after fitting and then setting bumper clearances I removed everything and started wet sanding the fillers with some 600 grit wet sand paper. Took about 20-25 mins each filler to sand properly. Even after all the sanding there are a few minor nicks and imperfections my paint guy will need to touch up with some bondo before he throws on the paint.

All in all I am pretty happy with the installation and the fitment of the fillers. They will look badass once they come back from paint.

I have my G body fillers on now for a test fit and they fit pretty good too... The rear over lap about 1/4" so I guess I need to trim a little off ?
Did you line up perfect in the middle ?

I'm just a little nervous about ending up with a gap.

Oh does anyone know what size nut will thread on the rear studs ? Id like to get away from the stock stamped nuts....

Thanks

The fronts seem to fit perfect.

I have glass fillers on one of my cars

you guess which one!
mine are from G body, I enlarged the mount hole about 1/8 in, and used a bigger washer to secure them, they fit perfect,
as I said, you tell me which one of my cars has the glass ones!

I picked up a set from Kip as well...matter of fact, it was the 1st thing I bought from him..anyway they fit great!!