Killed a Ninja

toomanymodz

I decided to take the Buick for a little drive today since it was a gorgeous mid 80 degree sunny day. So I headed down a six lane divided and reached an area with no traffic ahead when I noticed a green Kawasaki 1000 Ninja coming up behind and got right up on my back bumper. It was modded with an extended swing arm, stainless exhaust etc. I figured what the heck, I want to see how the old Buick does against this guy.

So I downshifted into 2nd and started pulling hard. He gets down and tucked and tries to reel me in... nope. I shift into drive and looked in my mirror, he's still back there about 5 car lengths behind now. I did the thing I rarely do, and that is shift into OD. I pull through overdrive and he is fading back, at least 6 or 7 car lengths now. He finally gives up and we both slow down. He's shaking his head/helmet and giving me a thumbs up.

We pull over briefly to talk and he was in shock. He said he was doing 160 MPH trying to catch me and just couldn't gain anything on me. He asked what the heck I was running, and I replied just a pump gas combo with no meth or nothing. I didn't have the heart to tell him it's a V6.

What a great race, one of the best in my lifetime. And a really cool guy who's reaction was priceless!

I decided to take the Buick for a little drive today since it was a gorgeous mid 80 degree sunny day. So I headed down a six lane divided and reached an area with no traffic ahead when I noticed a green Kawasaki 1000 Ninja coming up behind and got right up on my back bumper. It was modded with an extended swing arm, stainless exhaust etc. I figured what the heck, I want to see how the old Buick does against this guy.

So I downshifted into 2nd and started pulling hard. He gets down and tucked and tries to reel me in... nope. I shift into drive and looked in my mirror, he's still back there about 5 car lengths behind now. I did the thing I rarely do, and that is shift into OD. I pull through overdrive and he is fading back, at least 6 or 7 car lengths now. He finally gives up and we both slow down. He's shaking his head/helmet and giving me a thumbs up.

We pull over briefly to talk and he was in shock. He said he was doing 160 MPH trying to catch me and just couldn't gain anything on me. He asked what the heck I was running, and I replied just a pump gas combo with no meth or nothing. I didn't have the heart to tell him it's a V6.

What a great race, one of the best in my lifetime. And a really cool guy who's reaction was priceless!
160? How fast were you going.
Don't get me wrong, we're glad to have you. But why are you still alive?

I was probably around 165. The last time I've been that fast was in my Viper. Crazy when I think about it, but when the adrenaline is rushing I don't think. Probably won't do that again.

I was probably around 165. .
Look anything like yours???:D

Bong.jpg

To do 165 in a Viper is fast.
To do it in Regal is................Well, um....

lol great story. I believe the 165 mph. shit, I got a 2009 Dodge Charger with a cold air kit and programmer that removes the speed limiter and changes the air/fuel a little and I raced a 2013 BMW 1000rr in Mexico somewhere..... and we got up to 165 mph pretty quick and I'm sure his GN wud make my Charger look like its goin in reverse.

that was pretty much it for my Charger tho I was all in at 165. he was only about 5 car lengths in front of me and we slowed down and he was like dam that car is fast. it really isn't but its geared for the hi way so it does ok from hi speed roll ons. my Turbo busa wud have put 20 bus lengths on his BMW tho lol...

Thanks GNBrett. Yeah, I love the doubters. What is crazy is my car wasn't even topped out yet (the bike was). My Buick has way more HP than my Viper did. Yeah it's a brick but it's a fast one. 279 CID helps :)

oh I know ur car and wats in it. didn't doubt that for a second. shit, Bison was telln me the other day how fast he went from 70-130 or somthn in like 3 seconds lol so to go another 35 mph aint nothn imo!

Thanks GNBrett. Yeah, I love the doubters. What is crazy is my car wasn't even topped out yet (the bike was). My Buick has way more HP than my Viper did. Yeah it's a brick but it's a fast one. 279 CID helps :)

I don't doubt your TR has got the HP to go 165 one bit. But driving and controlling it on the street at that speed is a different matter altogether.

I don't doubt your TR has got the HP to go 165 one bit. But driving and controlling it on the street at that speed is a different matter altogether.
The car is surprisingly stable. New suspension, steering box, QA1's, poly bushings, big sway bar etc. all help too. It seems perfectly balanced for an old brick.

I am a rookie on a ZX7R and my boy Mat put a about half a mile on me with his BS 125 dirt bike. Shit happens

I took my buddys 125 for a quick spin once and I thought my arms were going to fall off after about 5 minutes. The amount of pull that little bike had was just insanity. It was tricked out though.

The car is surprisingly stable. New suspension, steering box, QA1's, poly bushings, big sway bar etc. all help too. It seems perfectly balanced for an old brick.
Yes, the part on my car that worries me the most is the amount of play in the steering. Not sure if its the box, the rag joint or what but that would get hairy at those speeds if not tightened up. Add more to my list :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes, the part on my car that worries me the most is the amount of play in the steering. Not sure if its the box, the rag joint or what but that would get hairy at those speeds if not tightened up. Add more to my list :-(

My steering was sloppy also, and the new box made a drastic improvement. It's now tight like my friends low-mileage T-Type. By the way, tightening the old box helps some, but nothing like a new box!