Kill Story (you'll get a kick outta this one)

Big Paul

Bob Barker
I'm gonna tell the first part in a dialogue/story form, to help you picture this a little better. Setting, hot sunny day in May in California' Central Valley, sitting turning left in a wide open 4 light intersection in a red '97 S-10. The first part is with me and my friend Sunny about a week ago.

A funky car comes buzzing across the intersection and throws a rev as he gets passed us. My mouth drops in awe of the site of this unholy creation.:eek:

Me: What the f*** is that?

Sunny: I donno, that guy is always trying to mess with me like he wants to race, everytime I see him he's either revving or driving like a lunatic behind me. He thinks he's fast.

(Picture this: A mid 70's Toyota something, maybe a Camry or Corrolla or something. Lowered, stock rims, right rear fender smashed, gray fugged up paint, with rust spots along the trunk and right side, with NO muffler, and a HUGE wing sitting on the trunk.)

Me: (Laughing) HAHAHAHA!, do you know he is?

Sunny: Nope, I always see him driving around though.

Me: Wonder what he has done to that thing to wanna run you?

(Sunny's truck knocks down high 15's, and has takin' its share of ricers, so I figured this guys car must have something done to it)

Sunny: F*** I donno. Can't believe the retards we've got around here.

Me: I know, funny sh*t.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now just tonight. I'm driving around looking for a store open to get a soda. I go through our Target parking lot to get back down the road and head towards downtown.

I pulled out of the parking lot and sat and wait to turn right onto the street and looked in my rearview. What do I see, a gray 70's Toyota junk and the BIG wing. I thought "OMG, what are the chances."

I pull out slowly, and he pulls out right after me slowly too. I get ahead, and get to a red light, i'm in the left lane, and he's in the right, and theres a car behind me, and a car in front of him.

Light goes green, and i'm cruising, I get to 45 (the limit) and the car behind me switches lanes behind Toyota man. The guy in the Toyota gets behing me, and throws me an old rice rev. I'm going about 40, then gun it, the truck gets on it and I get it to about 70, and let off to see what he'd do.

He stayed back there a little bit, but I saw him inchin' up. He passes the guy that was in front of him and gets in back in the right lane. I slowed back to the limit, and he goes by going a tad faster.

He switched lanes in front of me, and gets into the left lane, I get into the right lane. We get to another intersection and its a red light. It looked like he was getting into the turning lane so I was about to go right and didn't wanna follow after him. But as I got up he was in the lane to go straight. So I get turn quick to meet up with him.

Light goes green, and we're cruising again. He's ahead of me still in the left lane by about 2 cars. We get pretty far down at the same pace, and then he just guns it!

Right when I heard his grandpa rice go, I floor it too. The truck gets moving good, but then sits down in OD. "Ahhh sh*t" I thought (OD sucks when your trying to accelerate, I donno how it is for Turbo Buicks though), but I was still pulling him in, I walked past him a little slow but I got about 4 cars up ahead and let off. (I couldn't believe this seeing as my truck has a pretty sh*tty top end, and a car that has crappier top end grunt then me HAS to be slow)

Well, we get to a stop sign, and theres still two lanes. He's still back, and I get to the stop first, I waited for him. And he rolls up, we sat for about 3 seconds, then he goes. He got up about 1-1/2 cars. Then I mash it, spinning for about 15 feet. The tranny held its shift to my normal redline which is 5800 (I wasn't shifting) but before it was even a little past half way to 5800, I was already a good 2 cars ahead, and when it shifted to second, I pulled a good 6 or 7 cars. I was only going about 50 or 60 and I just let off.

We get to another stop, and I turn right. Surprised I didn't get any fly bys or birds :D

One thing you have to remember. I have a low 18 second truck, and don't have a good top end at all, plus I wiegh close to 3XX lbs. so this guys car was SLOW. I couldn't believe it, my truck handed him his aZZ, this is the worst beating i've given anybody. And I thought he had something special!. I know i'll see him again, and he'll know who I am, my trucks NOT hard to miss. Oh well, funny things, sorry for the long post, but I had to tell you guys. :D

I saw a POS Mitsubishi 4 door car with a dented front end and no hood at the track yesterday. When he ran I found out he had a turbo and a huge homemade scoop sticking up from the engine. He ran a 13.6. :eek: I know that doesn't sound like much, but up here on the mountain he can beat all but the most heavily modded Mustangs and LS1s! I bet he surprises alot of cars on the street.

Originally posted by XLR8
I saw a POS Mitsubishi 4 door car with a dented front end and no hood at the track yesterday. When he ran I found out he had a turbo and a huge homemade scoop sticking up from the engine. He ran a 13.6. :eek: I know that doesn't sound like much, but up here on the mountain he can beat all but the most heavily modded Mustangs and LS1s! I bet he surprises alot of cars on the street.
Sounds like a Galant VR4. Made in the early 90's, same motor as the turbo Eclipses, make good sleepers. And rare.:)

I know exactly what this Toyota looks like!

About 3 years ago my daily driver was a mildly modded small block '69 Camaro. It ran somewhere in the low to mid 14's at the time. I was Southbound on Haverhill and turned right onto Okeechobee in West Palm Beach. This primered up, rusty old Corolla pulled up next to me and revved a coupla times, then took off. I thought I'd show this fool what was up, so I gunned it.

Well, I pulled on him for a second, getting almost even with him. Then something happened. I don't know what. He just left me like I locked up my ring gear. Guy had his head back, cackling, as he drove off dropping little flakes of his car behind him. I guess it was juice. Never caught him to find out. I was feeling mighty humble at the time.