Kill section's "Hall Of Fame".

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Many legendary stories from the blacktop battlefield have been posted and buried here over the years. Some that are worthy of being retold need to be dug up for those who haven't yet read them or are not yet fully schooled on the power of The Dark Side.

In an attempt to get the best of the best stories posted here, I ask a few things (if possible).

*No posting of your own stories. Just because you get excited by reading it, doesn't mean that others will. If it's that great of a work of literary genius, I guess you can ask someone (with over 500 posts;)) to post it for you.

*Stories must be well written. Not looking for correctness as much as entertaining.

*Stories may be of a win, loss, or tie. They may or may not be of a Turbo Buick.

*Stories should be at least one year old. Will it stand the test of time?

*Lets try to keep this thread on topic and easy to read.

Post up your favorites and let's build a thread worthy of being a sticky.:)

Happy Spooling...
Mike Barnard

Last edited:
They are, so it's good to see Mike dedicating his time to liven things up for the enjoyment of all.
Why don't you go piss in somebody's thread somewhere else, like another forum.
Can you sing or whistle "Far, Far, Away"?

Year...1997
Place...Hot Rod Supernationals in Canfield Ohio
Cars involved...my 1964 Max Wedge Dodge vs. 97 Norstar Caddy
Well, it was Saturday evening...it had rained most of the day, so the show stunk. I was the only guy who drove his car there, all the others were on trailers. We wanted to go into Boardman to get some food, and hang out at the cruise. The roads were drying off so 4 of us piled into the Dodge and headed down Rt224.
Now understand...my Maxxie is a stock color called Dune Beige ( light tan) ...its rather ugly, but its original. It still has the dogdish hubcaps and redline Mickey Thompson Indy SS tires on it. My friend Lon is riding shotgun and does not like Mopars...at all. He happened to make the comment when getting in the car that if he were seen in the car...we had to tell his Chevy friends he had lost a bet. Well we get about 3 miles down the road, and come to the traffic light at Tippecanoe Rd. A new Caddy pulls up to us with some guy driving ( mid 30's)...remember it's 1997 so I'm only 27 at the time. He rolls down his power window and motions to my friend. Lon rolls down the window and the guy yells..."Hey kid...did your grandma loan you that car???" Now this guy must be deaf because my Maxxie rumbles like a bitch...It's far from stock. My buddy just rolls up the window...turns to me...and says..."Waste this fuckin' yuppie". The light turned while he was talking and the Caddy took off. My friends in the backseat are screamin'...GO-GO-GO!!!
Well the Dodge has a Rossler built 727 pushbutton tranny, so I push in the 1st gear button and floor it!!!
All hell breaks loose...
Having 2 guys in the backseat really helped traction and we shot outta there. I hit second and pulled close to his rear bumper. You could hear his car...the RPM's were insane. My friend in the back had rolled down his window and commented...he's gonna blow that fucker up!!! I hit 3rd and the Maxxie pulls like a train and he is now a memory...3-4 cars back when I let out of it. Well it's about another half mile to the next stop and he actually pulled up next to us. My buddy rolled down the window and so did Caddy-man. Lon...who is pretty sharp with the one line comebacks...says "Not only did Grandma give us the car...she gave us racing gas $$$ too!!!"
The light turned and Lon gave him the "number 1" signal and I jumped on it again...he didnt even try this time.
We pulled into Pizza Hut parking lot ( part of the cruise in) and backed in...popped the hood and went in to eat.
A few mins later...a few guys came in who were behind us in traffic..."You guys KILLED that Caddy and you had 4 people in your car." I just chuckled. His friend made the comment..." we were beside him driving up here and it sounded like his engine was ticking."
Maybe I really did kill it...

Funny side note...my friend Lon (Die-hard Chevy guy) actually did the rebuild on my Maxxie a few years ago. Still the only non-Chevy he has ever done. He said it earned a little respect that day...

Not sure who it was but maybe someone will chime in. My favorite one was when a gn raced a cocky neon srt 4 in Alaska and the guy gets on turbo buick and the gn and him go back
and forth with posts along with other people on here and finally races him in his wagon and beats him bad all on video. It was great reading while the anticipation was building with these
two racing. The gn was way faster than his wagon and he humbled the driver of the srt4 with the slower vehicle.

Not sure who it was but maybe someone will chime in. My favorite one was when a gn raced a cocky neon srt 4 in Alaska and the guy gets on turbo buick and the gn and him go back
and forth with posts along with other people on here and finally races him in his wagon and beats him bad all on video. It was great reading while the anticipation was building with these
two racing. The gn was way faster than his wagon and he humbled the driver of the srt4 with the slower vehicle.

alaskabuick https://turbobuick.com/threads/humbled-smack-talker-srt4-tonight.193108/

Last edited by a moderator:
Post 21 is by far the best, especially this part.... "
As far as racing the GN for money, Hell ya! How's a G bone sound to you?
That is 10 Crisp! Uncle Ben Fanklin Frogskins!" - Den

P.S.- Never got to see the video of him beating the neon in the 455. Anyone save the video? The link to streetfire.net for the video doesn't work anymore. Granted how old the kill is, I'm not entirely surprised it's gone.

Last edited:
Post 21 is by far the best, especially this part.... "
As far as racing the GN for money, Hell ya! How's a G bone sound to you?
That is 10 Crisp! Uncle Ben Fanklin Frogskins!" - Den

P.S.- Never got to see the video of him beating the neon in the 455. Anyone save the video? The link to streetfire.net for the video doesn't work anymore. Granted how old the kill is, I'm not entirely surprised it's gone.

I watched it yesterday! Try again, it will work!

Year...1997
Place...Hot Rod Supernationals in Canfield Ohio
Cars involved...my 1964 Max Wedge Dodge vs. 97 Norstar Caddy
Well, it was Saturday evening...it had rained most of the day, so the show stunk. I was the only guy who drove his car there, all the others were on trailers. We wanted to go into Boardman to get some food, and hang out at the cruise. The roads were drying off so 4 of us piled into the Dodge and headed down Rt224.
Now understand...my Maxxie is a stock color called Dune Beige ( light tan) ...its rather ugly, but its original. It still has the dogdish hubcaps and redline Mickey Thompson Indy SS tires on it. My friend Lon is riding shotgun and does not like Mopars...at all. He happened to make the comment when getting in the car that if he were seen in the car...we had to tell his Chevy friends he had lost a bet. Well we get about 3 miles down the road, and come to the traffic light at Tippecanoe Rd. A new Caddy pulls up to us with some guy driving ( mid 30's)...remember it's 1997 so I'm only 27 at the time. He rolls down his power window and motions to my friend. Lon rolls down the window and the guy yells..."Hey kid...did your grandma loan you that car???" Now this guy must be deaf because my Maxxie rumbles like a bitch...It's far from stock. My buddy just rolls up the window...turns to me...and says..."Waste this fuckin' yuppie". The light turned while he was talking and the Caddy took off. My friends in the backseat are screamin'...GO-GO-GO!!!
Well the Dodge has a Rossler built 727 pushbutton tranny, so I push in the 1st gear button and floor it!!!
All hell breaks loose...
Having 2 guys in the backseat really helped traction and we shot outta there. I hit second and pulled close to his rear bumper. You could hear his car...the RPM's were insane. My friend in the back had rolled down his window and commented...he's gonna blow that fucker up!!! I hit 3rd and the Maxxie pulls like a train and he is now a memory...3-4 cars back when I let out of it. Well it's about another half mile to the next stop and he actually pulled up next to us. My buddy rolled down the window and so did Caddy-man. Lon...who is pretty sharp with the one line comebacks...says "Not only did Grandma give us the car...she gave us racing gas $$$ too!!!"
The light turned and Lon gave him the "number 1" signal and I jumped on it again...he didnt even try this time.
We pulled into Pizza Hut parking lot ( part of the cruise in) and backed in...popped the hood and went in to eat.
A few mins later...a few guys came in who were behind us in traffic..."You guys KILLED that Caddy and you had 4 people in your car." I just chuckled. His friend made the comment..." we were beside him driving up here and it sounded like his engine was ticking."
Maybe I really did kill it...

Funny side note...my friend Lon (Die-hard Chevy guy) actually did the rebuild on my Maxxie a few years ago. Still the only non-Chevy he has ever done. He said it earned a little respect that day...

I thought the rules were no posting of "me" kills.............

But good story, bra. :p

Awesome thread, any Raven story is worthy, that guy has one has one hell of knack for for telling a dtory

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app