Kickdown goes to Nuetral, then Slams to passing gear when let off.

So now it does not neutral out? Which is it? You may want to look over to the people who have the same TV set-up and brackets/carb as you.

Mean while the TV cable is the lifeline of this unit--so too tight is better than too loose until you sort it out.

If you look back at post #6, you'll see I had found if I moved my shifter back forward a little from overdrive I wasn't dropping out of gear and into nuetral or slipping, or whatever it was doing. My first 2 sentences are:

Worked with it a little more today. Think it might be a shifter issue, not a trans issue."

If you look back at post #6, you'll see I had found if I moved my shifter back forward a little from overdrive I wasn't dropping out of gear and into nuetral or slipping, or whatever it was doing. My first 2 sentences are:

Worked with it a little more today. Think it might be a shifter issue, not a trans issue."

Good luck.

Mean while the TV cable is the lifeline of this unit--so too tight is better than too loose until you sort it out.

Wasn't trying to tick you off guy, I appreciate anyone who's willing to offer advice. Where I have it marked is where I have it currently set, and where I got the pressure readings posted. With it connected I had the same readings as disconnected. I did go two clicks looser and didn't like the shifts, so immediately went back. The further I tightened it, the higher and harder the shifts go. But only a few clicks is all I've tried before I could tell it wasn't helping. I've tried searching the forums here and other sites but get such a generic list of results I can't find anything like I'm experiencing. At least not with a solution posted. About the only common, constant answer is 'try tightening/loosening the tv cable a few clicks' which is odd in itself because everyone is saying you don't mess with it, set it and leave it alone or you'll burn up the clutches.