Keyless remote install

Ktbregal

Has anyone installed one of these in their car yet? I am having problems with the install. When I cut the tan wire going back to the driver side lock actuator I lost all functions on driver side, this is with the module completely hooked up.

where are you tapping into circiuts at? the relays for the door locks should be behind the interior panel behind the ecm kick panel

Thanks for replying. I tapped in the relay behind the ecm, then I pulled the plug going to the door and cut the tan wire going to the driver side. I pretty sure I followed the instructions to the t.. I thought someone would have had a problem hooking one up. Any suggestions?

So the RKE's TAN wire is not connected?I'm about to do mine & don't wanna fcuk it up
Do_O

I followed the instructions and it didn't work so I am going to hook the tan wire back up and I guess splice into it??

I did the same thing. You are supposed to cut the tan wire for the rke install just make sure you cut the right one per the instructions. I believe the one that goes to the drivers side actuator not to the relay.

I just finished this install and thought i got it wrong as well as while I was testing it the whole system was acting funky. First make sure you plugged back in the harness you cut the tan wire from. I disconnected mine to have better access.

Second and this was my main mess up that had me for a brief moment wanting to pull my hair out but remount the lock relay bracket. It becomes grounded when mounted and that was the source of my system acting funky!

Again make sure you cut the right tan wire per the instructions

I did this install and followed the instructions exactly and the driver door lock was flaky. i installed another RKE module and it solved the problem..

I just finished my install using a reman remote from eBay. One note: I tee'd into the tan wire versus only hooking up to the cut wire. When I hooked up to the tan wire I lost the driver side interior power lock. Plus it only operated that lock from the remote. By teeing into the wire I open both doors with the remote. And the trunk release works excellent too. You tee into the black wire at the trunk button in the glove box. The other instructions are straightforward but that connector is a pain to get out of the kick panel. You need alot of dexterity to fish it out and there is not much slack on the tan wire FYI. It is a good mod. The RKE module fits nicely above and to the right of the glovebox behind the vent and dash plaque. Nice spot for it.

I ended up not even hooking up the tan wire and the system works fine. I don't know if splicing into the tan wire is supposed to give you the ability to unlock the driver's door only and then both doors with a second push of the button...but I don't care. I traced both tan wires up to the glove box area and spliced into both since I couldn't determine which was which. Neither of them acted right and made the system just click. I never could fish the harness out of the kick panel. IMO, just splice into the the two wires (light blue & black) on the relay, the two 12v power wires, trunk release, ground it, and be done with it. Makes for a much easier install.