Kenne Bell Stainless Headers:

Joe,

FYI Kenne Belle's were copies of ATR's virtually. Now they are copied by the chinese import ebay people. You can get a set for $200.

actually i think Kenne Bell was around before ATRs. and i am pretty sure there are differences. i will double check though.

The ATR header was out for several years before Kenne Bell went to that design. They actually had 2 style headers, the first looked like Hooker headers & the second ATR's. Both had quality & fittment issues not unlike what your seeing with the Chinese counterfeit headers.

I think that Kenne-Bell never made them in stainless steel...but I may be wrong....Mine are regular steel and fit ok...

Claude :wink:

I've got a set of the Kenne Bell Stainless on a car now; but just got another car. I bought these headers from a guy that was going from Stage I to II. Never had any fit problems; although the Stage I had 14 bolt heads and they had to grind the plates to fit around everything.

The little I dealt with Jim Bell was strange at best. Very smart guy; but wasn't always in the best of moods. I never figured how he made any money off the Buick folks with the small volume he sold. Maybe he saw the Chinese coming; and dropped it all.

Anyway; they had at least three versions of headers that I remember. Steel 84-85, steel 86-87, and stainless 86-87. At the time; I was bugging him for a set of stainless 84-85 headers. I sold the 84's and had the 87 like I wanted it; so I quit calling Jim. Probably didn't bother him much. Now I have a new toy and wanted to fix it up like the other. I'll probably try the ATR or maybe just see what the Chinese have. I like their food.

Thanks for the info,

Joe

I have a set that was removed from the K-B white T-Type that was used as his test bed for many of his products.

I you are interested, e-mail me direct and will make you a smokin' deal!:)