Kenne Bell Ram Air

t3intercooled

Hey guys I am curious if someone could send me good shots of how the Kenne Bell Ram air is mounted. From where the intake tube goes where the filter and casing mount and how it connects to the front spoiler. My email is intercooledgn@aol.com

Thank you all in advance1

Thanks a lot Robert, sorry one last question, what size is the ribbed tube and how tight is the fit behind the headlights? I know its probably impossible to get a pic of the fit of the hose.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

run some split loom or slit fuel hose around the hole behind the headlights. That'll keep from cutting that duct hose.

Squish it. That setup won't flow what a perfectly round 5" duct will flow. I think my old ATR setup used a 4" hose and it fit just fine.

Yeah actually the reason I was curious on the routing of everything is I was going to see if I could make the tubing metal pipe instead of the ribbed hose.

Hey, Brandon.
The hose is 4 1/2" -5" & yes, "squish it"
Then use a BIG zip-tie or a hose clamp to secure

photo 1.JPG

I'm also going to play with this:
I found this at Home Depot its an "Extend-A-Spout" #81015 ($12.45)
photo 2.JPG
(I scored a K/B dual intake from a board member & want to use both sides) :)
The spout fits the intake & can be cut to length, I'm thinking that I can conform it to the intake w/ a heat gun
& come w/ 50" flex hose.
My cone filter is currently in the engine bay, but I'm going to relocate back to behind the headlight; I used a rubber 90*
elbow from H/D plumbing section, (might try the hard plastic this time for weight savings)
& put it through the headlight hole; the end secures it.
I switched my cone filter to a Spectre a while back, it is "open" on the end & they sell a little plastic adapter to
pug the hose onto.
So I'm hoping to feed some "cold" air to the intake & rig the P/S to run some air into the turbo/ down-pipe area to aid in cooling

Do_O

Thank you to you and Robert you both have been VERY helpful. Dual intake? Never even heard of that?!? Could ya post a pic? Thank you again!

How are you hoping that the extend a spout will work? That sounds interesting!

Here's my dual intake
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1375386636.085966.jpg

I'm thinkin' that i can use the Home Depot duct to tweak the routing better,
not sure which side yet, or if it'll work!?!

Do_O

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1375386648.504176.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1375386648.504176.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 104
Several threads on this.. the box is a bigger restriction than simply running an open air filter.

Got it from a board member a few weeks ago ; I think its a re-pop;(TA Perf maybe? but not sure)
I have an old single-intake unit that is in several hunks :mad:

Do_O

Several threads on this.. the box is a bigger restriction than simply running an open air filter.

No box for me!
I think I have an old K/B canister in my shed; I never saw how it was of any use...
I'm sticking my filter back in the D/S headlight space & using the duct work to direct the air
I'm thinkin' the other duct work might come in handy, tinkerin' w/it right now just to see
& I confess, I REALLY like the look of the K/B air-dams...:cool:

Do_O

I've had my KB ram air for many years. The intake noise is more quiet when using the canister. For the drag strip, remove the canister and just run an open filter for some extra power. The ram air does work, but it's really that efficient unless going pretty fast. The main benefit is getting cooler outside air into the engine rather that sucking all the hot underwood air into the intake.

I've had my KB ram air for many years. The intake noise is more quiet when using the canister. For the drag strip, remove the canister and just run an open filter for some extra power. The ram air does work, but it's really that efficient unless going pretty fast. The main benefit is getting cooler outside air into the engine rather that sucking all the hot underwood air into the intake.
Would running an open element and removing the pass side inside (high) beam light be a better solution ?