Keene Bell Upper Plenum

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
Anyone have any input on a Kenne Bell upper intake plenum. It looks a lot like the Precision as far as shape. It doesn't have as good a fit to the intake mounting pad as the Precision. I'm very picky about looks. I have a new Kenne Bell for a new build just not sure I want to use it on a fast car.

kbelle is like the accufab plenum , they use the same power plate(rjc -#ADPPK) so i would expect them to be really similar

the pte (precision ) is different , uses its own powerplate (rjc-#ADPPP) , its taller and angles the throttle body upward which help clear 4"inlet maftubes

Pacecarta you are correct. I may go with another Precision. It looks and fits better.

With the Precision is there any hood liner contact issues????

its taller with the vac block , i usually eliminate that and block it off with a plate

Thanks for the info ...but if vac block is on will it hit ....and second what do you do for vacuum if you block it off.

it is close and hr mounts bring it up a little more and most have sagging body cushions so the hood is closer than it should be
, i tap 1/8" npt ports into plenum for pushlock fittings

Last edited:
I have KB plenum. No issues. Good for over 600 rwhp and over 131 mph in qtr mi. Looks good too. I use 1 inch plenum spacer.

Thanks again ...I think I will make a new slimmed down vacuum block to get me 1/4 lower (if not more).....I looked at the billet one I have on my car and I think I can make a shorter version and still use the original lines.

hard to see in pics but thats a precision plenum w/power plate

Attachments

• 0328140921.jpg
    0328140921.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 189
  • 0328140920.jpg
    0328140920.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 172
Here are a couple of pictures of my KB plenum

Attachments

• 1416881493254.jpg
    1416881493254.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 196
  • 1416881537422.jpg
    1416881537422.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 195
Its an upper plenum. You will never see any HP difference between it, a stocker or PTE. The power plate may even some things out, but don't think of any of the upper designs to make much if any difference at all. The KB/Accufab has been around long before the PTE one. I've had one on my cars but honestly always only for looks.

Its an upper plenum. You will never see any HP difference between it, a stocker or PTE. The power plate may even some things out, but don't think of any of the upper designs to make much if any difference at all. The KB/Accufab has been around long before the PTE one. I've had one on my cars but honestly always only for looks.
i thought the purpose was for better air flow distribution not so much gains.

The KB plenum/TB was one of the first things I bought back in the day mostly because they weren't all that $$. Can't really say if it made any difference, looks nice IMO and I did run an 11.55 on a stock longblock at high altitude with it. Also running a RJC powerplate

i thought the purpose was for better air flow distribution not so much gains.

Better air distribution "should" net better gains, but I'd venture to say who knows... we need to dig up Richard Clark's thread on this.

I have been using the KB plenum/70mm tb for 17 years and added the RJC pp when it became available. It has never caused any problems so i leave it on.