KBB.com prices?

jspeed86

Has anybody seen www.kbb.com prices lately. They have seriously jumped. I checked it a month ago and my 86 GN with 86K orginal was $13800.00,,, now it is saying way north of that, like around $20K.. :eek: .. Did I miss something. I also cross-refrenced nada, and it went up as well. I guess that is good for all of us, now who is going to pay?

I put in a 1987 GN with 6100 miles, most options including astroroof in excellent condition, and it gave me a price of just over 12k....looks like their numbers are still way below the real market.

Yea, I looked up mine too....170,000 mile car but its been restored from crap and now in excellent condition...but I put it as good condition and even with 170,000 miles it says 15,800 whoa! I wouldn't trade it for anything though...

I tried 86 and 87 GN with 80k and the same options in good condition. The 86 GN was in the 17K range and the 87 was in the 11k range. I'll bet the 86 GN's value increased because they have reached the magic 20 year mark while the 87's are only 19 years old.

David
87GN

DavzGN said:
I tried 86 and 87 GN with 80k and the same options in good condition. The 86 GN was in the 17K range and the 87 was in the 11k range. I'll bet the 86 GN's value increased because they have reached the magic 20 year mark while the 87's are only 19 years old.

David
87GN

Well, that must be it then.... When 2007 rolls around, I bet the 87s really jump.

I wonder if it's the 20 year mark, or is KBB pricing the '86 GN high because it's low production numbers compared to the '87? Looks like I'll keep my GN for another year and see what happens. Maybe next year I can get $12 -$14k on it as a trade in. :D

BuickMike said:
I wonder if it's the 20 year mark, or is KBB pricing the '86 GN high because it's low production numbers compared to the '87? Looks like I'll keep my GN for another year and see what happens. Maybe next year I can get $12 -$14k on it as a trade in. :D

Yup, only 5512 made, compared to 20K in 87. It still seems that the 87s demand a better price though. I guess because of that whole 10hp gain, like that isn't easy to fix on an 86'. I also guess it is because it was the last year too.

The other day I went to Autozone, and as I was coming out, some guy was checking my car out. He asked me what year is the car. I said 86. He said, Nice car, to bad you missed it by one year. I looked at him and said, what do you mean. He said, oh, it isn't an 87......... I just love that.

According to KBB, my '87 Limited in good condition is worth a ****ping $4,500....

Awesome! :rolleyes: :D

OK, what in the world in the word "w.h.o.p.p.i.n.g." (****ping) is considered offensive. This board makes me laugh.