K.. I have bird a problem

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
Those black birds with red wings have invaded my property. The females look like a regular brown sparrow and both attack us on our deck. Two females attacked my 3yr old son and that was the straw.
I need to kill these birds. How can I do this without a real gun? I dont have a pellet gun, but will entertain cheap accurate ones. Pepper spray work maybe?
IDK, just need them dead.

I have a small Gamo P23 bb gun. Uses air cartriges. Small and quiet. It can take out a bird and sting a squirrel or cat. Walmart special.

Get an owl decoy and move it around the yard every couple of days. If not that, then get a decent air rifle if the law allows. A good one isn't "cheap" so plan to spend at least $100 on it. I prefer the type called break action and are spring loaded. You have to put the pellets in 1 at a time but if it's in the 1000 FPS range you can kill just about any varmint on the first shot.;)

Try getting some glue traps and putting food on them. Birds come in and get stuck on the trap. They have them at walmart....they're made for catching mice and bugs. Catchmaster or Tomcat brand. Good luck.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Tennis or badminton raquet. I've got one at the shop just for this reason. The little buggers set off the motion detectors

BPE2013@hotmail.com

We need vids of this stuff!! Frank Buck and Jimmy Connors at their finest!!:D
If those are for sure, Redwings, they'll be finishing up the nesting period, and will most likely be gone, soon. There's likely nests close by. I have the same issue w/ barn swallows. They use mud for nests, [NASTY on the porch], and are very aggressive when the little ones are hatched. Once they are grown, the swallows are gone.
June:Re-nesting and rearing babies keep red wings very busy all month.

July:Nesting is finishing up by early in the month, and as parents finish baby-rearing, they are starting to molt.

August:Just about all babies have fledged and are on their own by the start of the month. This is the peak month for molting body and flight feathers.

Got a Beeman Kodiak X2 from Walmart. Pellet guns have come a long way since I used to plink with them back in the 80's. It showed a rubber end for the butt stock in the pic and I had a chuckle.... Its no joke! Thing kicks pretty good for a heavy pellet gun. Scope is accurate right out the box too.
Anyway, I bought it for the birds and to teach my son how to shoot when he gets a little older. Heck, I'll probably shoot this more than any real gun I have. Definitely worth $99

Sight it further out. You'll do better round 20 yards, but you need to do some plinking at different ranges to see where it hits.

I got it dialed in pretty good for the distance I needed.
Like I said, first shot was an instant kill. Since the bird problem is solved, I will play with it a little more. I forgot how much fun these guns are. I used to worry about bullets and the cost all the time, but these pellets are super cheap.

Aw man. Don't kill those birds! Please stop. Those redwing blackbirds are just protective of their young. Leave them alone until nesting season is over and you'll be fine. You killing off the parents of the young in their nests and they will starve to death. This is pure cruelty. Think about it.

I love redwing blackbirds....they are so beautiful....reminds me of my late Grandparent's farm. Wish I had them here. If you could, give them directions to my place, I'd be very happy.

I have a couple of barn swallows that make a mud nest up on my garage light every year.....and I love them. I can still hear the little babies when they hatch. The swallows never give me a hard time at all. I never turn on the light at all during nesting season.......

I love all animals....please let them be, they are only doing what comes naturally to them, just like you do.

Stop killing them. Go work on your GN and have a beer....make ol' Brucie here happy, not sad. Capiche?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Oh, I knew you'd get me here! A little voice said that if I commented on this, ol' Charlie will sure have something up his sleeve to get me laughing. And you did.:ROFLMAO: I should have known. Remind me never to show up during dove season. How about "skunk" season?:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Oh, im not going around like a teenager shooting up the neighborhood. Im just getting rid of a bird that attacks my 3yr old when he's trying to play on his little tractor. The bird literally attacked. Swarming or swooping is a whole other thing in my book.

Now I have a coon problem.
This sucker gets inside my trash can and I have the lid bungee corded tight. My trash is torn to shreds AFTER I bungee corded the lid, so he is lifting the lid and squeezing in a very tight spot. He is big too.
Now, the other night, I heard him banging the lid because of the tension from the bungee cord. I grabbed my trusty Beeman and aimed inside the can with just the barrel pinched between the lid and body of the trash can. I fired a round and heard absolutely nothing. I lifter the lid a bit and seen a pair of coon eyes staring at me. I figured I missed, so I started loading again and he came barreling out of that thing like a banshee. big sucker too. So he just walked off and I shook my head in shame. of course it is dark, so I cant fire another round into nowhere.
Next day, I lift the lid and I couldnt believe what I saw. A big pile of blood on top of the garbage. I got em! right? Wrong.... This freakin thing has been hear in my trash can every night since. I think I need a head shot to put him out. But I have to do this standing about 20ft away. I dont know if the Beeman can do it. I have since taken down a few more of those pesky birds tho.

Racoons and possums are 2 of the hardest to kill. I had a possum problem when I lived in TN and 2 rounds from my 9mm with 147 grain hollow points didn't kill it, unless it was a head shot.:mad: I'd say use a chain or build a box for the trash so he can't get into it.;)

Armadillos here.... Those little rascals do a great job of tearing up a yard. My neighbor got rid of 75 in 1 summer, a couple yrs ago. They destroyed nearly $10g's in new landscape plants.
My bud got 27.
Cars account for a lot more.
Now, there's talk of leprosy being transmitted.... NOT GOOD!

Shooting a coon in a can, and not killing him?? I'd make wager the blackbird stands a LOT better chance!!:D :p