Just wanted To......

Lockman

OH, OK .......Now I get it
Post some pics of my data log today. tune has defiantly changed for the better since Boost 231 supplied me with the correct OEM GM TPS ! Heard knock when I got into it @ 10 or > boost? ( By digital dash lights ) Temp is a little high also ? FP pics are engine off & then @ idle ? Should I lower FP to lessen Knock ? I"ll post a driving data Pic , tomorrow.....before any adjustments. Thanks for your opinions.
Engine Off After 2 hole shots & 0 to 75 for 20miles.JPG
After 2 hole shots & 0 to 75 for 20miles.JPG

At idle after 2 hole shots & 0 to 70 for 20 miles.JPG
At idle after 2 hole shots & 0 to 70 for 20 miles.JPGAfter 2 hole shots & 0 to 75 for 20miles.JPGEngine Off After 2 hole shots & 0 to 75 for 20miles.JPG

You hear the knock? You mean, you actually hear it? No good! Don't do that any more!

Increase FP to suppress knock. Not lower. This may temporarily get you somewhere safe.

But setting the fuel pressure to 43 psi +/- with the engine running and the vac line off is about normal. If that's not enough fuel, then I believe that other fuel system upgrades are in order.\

But then again, it may not even be a fuel related issue.

Ya Know... This engine is IN my first love , a 1975 Jeep CJ5. I should have said I THOUGHT I heard knock, but this was after I had punched it from 0 to 50 , saw the first boost indicator and then punched it again, the second boost indicator came on , & she went up to 75 MPH ! CJ5 's are not designed to go that fast ! !! I will NOT do that again , Brother. Bothered me enough to know it did not sound right .
Anyway , she always starts right up , Idles a bit high, but then comes down and stumbles slightly , but never stalls. Then after a minute or so, I drive & she goes pretty smooth, shifts well, all around the 40 mph streets. Temp stays at ~ 175 . I'll then get on the parkway, normal acceleration, The stock digital 2.5 boost indicator comes on between 2nd & 3rd gear , untill about 55 mph. . she thens cruise along between 55 - 60 pretty Good & also when i put on the Cruise Control. Yesterday , was 87 degrees out , steam bath muggy too. I think that's part of the high idle temp, when i plugged in my ALDL diagnostics . I gonna get a on the road log, today , monitoring how I plan to DD her. OH yeah, She gets nothing but 95 octane. Thanks Joey.

Ya Know... This engine is IN my first love , a 1975 Jeep CJ5. I should have said I THOUGHT I heard knock, but this was after I had punched it from 0 to 50 , saw the first boost indicator and then punched it again, the second boost indicator came on , & she went up to 75 MPH ! CJ5 's are not designed to go that fast ! !! I will NOT do that again , Brother. Bothered me enough to know it did not sound right .
Anyway , she always starts right up , Idles a bit high, but then comes down and stumbles slightly , but never stalls. Then after a minute or so, I drive & she goes pretty smooth, shifts well, all around the 40 mph streets. Temp stays at ~ 175 . I'll then get on the parkway, normal acceleration, The stock digital 2.5 boost indicator comes on between 2nd & 3rd gear , untill about 55 mph. . she thens cruise along between 55 - 60 pretty Good & also when i put on the Cruise Control. Yesterday , was 87 degrees out , steam bath muggy too. I think that's part of the high idle temp, when i plugged in my ALDL diagnostics . I gonna get a on the road log, today , monitoring how I plan to DD her. OH yeah, She gets nothing but 95 octane. Thanks Joey.
Sounds like your having fun with this set-up. It looks great. Enjoy, you deserve it. And thank's for doing something different. It's freshening.

Oh Yeah , Man LoL ! Took It for a run to log the driving data . Fueled up with 93 octane . Parked it on slihgt incline . Got Fuel dumping out of the bottom of the Vapor Canister , only while running. Hopefully , I over filled the tank. Only have the digital Gauge ....WTF .... I can't win !

Here we Go. It's an Excel data sheet . Hope you can open it . 2nd one is a pic of data look upon slowing down to a stopsign. PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE GRUMPY OLD MAN IN THE REFLECTION. ( That's actually my negative image , I'm typically a real happy guy :ROFLMAO:) BTW, I think the gas pouring out of the Vapor canister Crisis has abated ! . Drove it for another 5-6 miles .... that took at least a Gallon away ! We gotta work on this horrrible gas mileage, please.

Attachments

• Excell Driving Log 5-26-2019.zip
    72.9 KB · Views: 25
Hey Joey.... can you save & open that data sheet above ? It shows zero Knock ? Thanks, man. I appreciate you support.

You hear the knock? You mean, you actually hear it? No good! Don't do that any more!

Increase FP to suppress knock. Not lower. This may temporarily get you somewhere safe.

But setting the fuel pressure to 43 psi +/- with the engine running and the vac line off is about normal. If that's not enough fuel, then I believe that other fuel system upgrades are in order.\

But then again, it may not even be a fuel related issue.
[/QUOTUpdate for All: I am an Idiot . The knock I thought I heard was aloose body part vibrating against the frame. My scans & driving data log shows zero knock !