Just spanked a Shelby Mustang and a bike in one swoop.

Now don't take this the wrong way but the "Shelby" driver was probably driving a Shelby GT instead of a Shelby GT500! As a GT500 owner/driver, I can tell you the GT500 is a very difficult car to drive! Fast and fun, but difficult to run! Shifting that Shelby 6 speed is a chore in itself! The tires on a GT500 were too skinny, and it had tons of torque! A Shelby GT was a run of the mill mustang with some cosmetic changes, and that's It! There was an option for a supercharger, but it wasn't widely added! 1st and second gear in my Shelby are absolutely useless at full throttle even with wider tires! I'm not advocating for the Shelby driver, but anyone with a mustang can put a sticker on a window! The Shelby's are wicked machines! The GN I just bought is a monster as well! It's definitely faster than the GN's I've driven before, but my Shelby left me behind very quickly! Again don't take this the wrong way! I'm not trying to insult anyone, but the Shelby GT500 is a force to be reckoned with!

Now, don't take this the wrong way and I'm not trying to insult you or your "Shelby", but it sounds to me as if your whole post is an excuse for your new technology, newly engineered, newly beefed up Mustang only keeping pace with a mildly built '86, '87 TR.

I'm happy to be your Huckleberry..........

Ok stock for stock, who do you think will win? My modified GT500 vs. someone else's modified GN. Again same question? They're both boosted cars! The only diffrence is neither party knows whats been done to each others cars! I'm not making any excuse about anything or any technology! You brought that up! I was just stating that the original post was claiming to spank a Shelby mustang, without actually knowing whether or not it was a true Shelby! Im sorry to say this but I think a "mildly built" TR would probably have a difficult time with my Shelby!

Now don't take this the wrong way but the "Shelby" driver was probably driving a Shelby GT instead of a Shelby GT500! As a GT500 owner/driver, I can tell you the GT500 is a very difficult car to drive! Fast and fun, but difficult to run! Shifting that Shelby 6 speed is a chore in itself! The tires on a GT500 were too skinny, and it had tons of torque! A Shelby GT was a run of the mill mustang with some cosmetic changes, and that's It! There was an option for a supercharger, but it wasn't widely added! 1st and second gear in my Shelby are absolutely useless at full throttle even with wider tires! I'm not advocating for the Shelby driver, but anyone with a mustang can put a sticker on a window! The Shelby's are wicked machines! The GN I just bought is a monster as well! It's definitely faster than the GN's I've driven before, but my Shelby left me behind very quickly! Again don't take this the wrong way! I'm not trying to insult anyone, but the Shelby GT500 is a force to be reckoned with!

Now please don't take this the wrong way, but, spoolfools GN is not what you think! NOT AT ALL!!! And I'm pretty sure spoolfool knows what he raced too!

And I mean no offense, however, you might want to do a little research on here before downing these cars! As I can guarantee you that there are numerous, numerous members of this board who will absolutely hurt your feelings! So you might want to race a Real GN before you espouse about something that you clearly are not very familiar with. Again no offense, but, walking into the lions den with porch chops slathered all over your body is never a good idea!

And like I had said, no offense, but, I lurked these pages for years before joining, then it was still a while before I commented. And even now, I try to listen more than I speak. Only because there is so much to learn here! Not only that but God gave us two ears and one mouth for a reason!

And while the knowledge here, is freely given, however, some lessons you might not want to learn! I'm just saying statements like this after only four hours of membership clearly shows you may be in the right place. That is, if you want to learn how to make your GN move?

Welcome to the forum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fyi: Henry Ford is the ONLY American named in Mein Kampf. Hitler referred to him as someone he looks up to.By the way, my 87T has whipped several Fords. Haven't come across any GT's yet just plain old Stangs driven by youngsters.

Ok well obviously this is clearly the wrong board for me to be on where people are too sensitive! I'm not doubting anyone's GN, but I don't really think people should doubt others vehicles or their abilities! I've been in the automotive and drag racing world for 30+ years! My GT500 is a 2.9L whippled with a hellion twin turbo kit! I just bought my GN! I'm also a certified master technician. I know my way around a car! All I was pointing out was the fact he raced a "Shelby"! Ok what model? GT, GT-H, SUPERSNAKE, GT350, GT350R, SHELBY 1000? So if I'm going to be judged be caused I had an opinion, then later!

Ok well obviously this is clearly the wrong board for me to be on where people are too sensitive! I'm not doubting anyone's GN, but I don't really think people should doubt others vehicles or their abilities! I've been in the automotive and drag racing world for 30+ years! My GT500 is a 2.9L whippled with a hellion twin turbo kit! I just bought my GN! I'm also a certified master technician. I know my way around a car! All I was pointing out was the fact he raced a "Shelby"! Ok what model? GT, GT-H, SUPERSNAKE, GT350, GT350R, SHELBY 1000? So if I'm going to be judged be caused I had an opinion, then later!

Jeff86GN,

Honestly man, you won't find a better group of people than here on this forum. Again welcome to the forum, hopefully you will see it for what it truly is, a deeply passionate place for the owners of Turbo Buick's!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jeff86GN
First off, welcome to the site.
Quick story. There was once a Mustang owner. He had a beautiful 67 Fastback GTA. The thing was a rocket ship. It was so fast that he had to trailer it to the track.
A line of black cars passed by him on the way to the test and tune one day. They then spanked his ass so bad that he eventually went out and got one of those funny black cars and never looked back. Who was this guy you might ask? It's not important. What is important is that we are very passionate about what we do here. I respect that you also share in that same passion. Let's not (anyone) step off on the wrong foot here.

The story posted here is 100% true. I have no idea what kind of Shelby it was. All I could see in my rear view mirror was the Shelby hood, stripe, headlights, lower valance and lettering. Had he gotten along side of me, I could have told you more.;)

Here's a picture of my 87 GN.

Grab a beer and make yourself at home. I know this is called the "Kill" section. Maybe a better term would be entertainment section.
Feel free to entertain us with some of your adventures.

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

A guy in our club has one of the Shelby mustangs. Like you said nothing too special. I took him off the line, may have had a little lane advantage (smoother), but boy did the excuses fly when we got to our destination. Said the small 235 tires were too small and had no traction, so I showed him my stock sized 215s. These Buick just hook well for what they are on the street. Now he has a 65 or 66 mustang I want no part of. keep spoolin

It is entertaining, and we, like most, like to talk big.
Some on here do have really bad cars, some are like me and like to think we do.

Some folks just have no sense of humor. One of the many things I've learned from owning my 87 T is I better be able to laugh. There are times when it's come down to a choice of laugh or cry. I prefer laughter.

I think everyone owes a bit of gratitude to the firearms industry & Henry Ford.

The firearms industry brought us interchangeable parts.

Ford brought as the assembly line form of mass production.

Without those two key developments, we wouldn't be able to afford the items & quality of life that is available to us now.

I think everyone owes a bit of gratitude to the firearms industry & Henry Ford.
Don't forget Bill Clinton! He brought the trade agreement with China. Without it we would be paying more for our toys. Of course we would also be making more money to buy our toys.

And George Bush for inventing the internet or whatever so we can poke fun of people that we've never met. We even get to hang with our turbo brothers and sisters in cyberspace.
Man I miss the old days when that wasn't even a word.

And George Bush for inventing the internet or whatever so we can poke fun of people that we've never met. We even get to hang with our turbo brothers and sisters in cyberspace.
Man I miss the old days when that wasn't even a word.
That was Al Gore who invented the internet.