Just spanked a Shelby Mustang and a bike in one swoop.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
First off. The bike don't really count as it was just a Harley. :p Cool dude riding it though. My eye was watching a white, shiny newish Mustang weave thru traffic behind me, as I got to a fresh red light. He was just able to cut in behind me as the traffic slowed. The only reason he couldn't get next to me, was the heavily modded Harley that pulled up on my right. A half a mile of open road lay ahead.

It was a hot So Cal day at the beach, so I had my windows down. (Note: I don't like to have my AC on if I think I may have to go WOT). ;) As the Ford closed in on my back bumper, I could read the words "SHELBY" . (backwards of course:D) in my rear view mirror. Harley dude looks over at me and says "Nice ride". I could tell by the way he was scanning up and down my car that he had no clue as to what it was. I said "Thanks man. Nice bike". And for the record. It WAS a very nice bike. Low cut windscreen, tons of aftermarket parts and a "Pop" of the exhaust note that can only be had by a high compression engine.

I glanced back to see the Mustang guy scanning his mirrors to see if it was clear. Just before the cross traffic light went yellow, I yelled at the bike dude, "I think that Mustang behind me wants to run me". He smiled and nodded as if to say yea. I'm guessing that he couldn't hear me over his bike. By now, the cross traffic light was yellow. I could hear the Ford behind me coming up on the RPMs.

Green light.
As the light turned green, the bike and I rolled out smartly. I spooled it up to about ten pounds of boost as the bike stayed next to me. I looked over and saw a big ol grin on his face. Mustang guy had slid back as he was most likely having to shift thru gears. I kept things at about 12 lbs of boost as the bike pulled to my front fender and the Shelby started to make a serious run at my back bumper. This must have been about 60 mph.

At this point in time, I'd like to point out that racing is sometimes like sex. Ya never quite know what you're up against until it happens. :D I'm sure that Mustang guy was drooling over putting another easy notch in his shifter knob as that Monte in front of him, most likely wouldn't be able to get out of it's own way. :eek:

As my gas pedal now hit the carpet and the boost went to 24 psi, It was obvious that the Stang had brought a twelve second knife to a ten second gun fight. Within a few seconds, the two of them were side by side and about 10 school bus lengths back. I clicked it off before a hundred and ten and coasted to the next light. Bike dude came up along side to give me a big thumps up and a smile. I returned the respect. All I could see of the Mustang guy was that he flipped a U turn before getting to our light. Guess I should have payed more attention, as that may have been my only chance to see the back end of one of those things.:D

Happy Fathers Day weekend.:)

Mike B.

First off. The bike don't really count as it was just a Harley. :p Cool dude riding it though. My eye was watching a white, shiny newish Mustang weave thru traffic behind me, as I got to a fresh red light. He was just able to cut in behind me as the traffic slowed. The only reason he couldn't get next to me, was the heavily modded Harley that pulled up on my right. A half a mile of open road lay ahead.

It was a hot So Cal day at the beach, so I had my windows down. (Note: I don't like to have my AC on if I think I may have to go WOT). ;) As the Ford closed in on my back bumper, I could read the words "SHELBY" . (backwards of course:D) in my rear view mirror. Harley dude looks over at me and says "Nice ride". I could tell by the way he was scanning up and down my car that he had no clue as to what it was. I said "Thanks man. Nice bike". And for the record. It WAS a very nice bike. Low cut windscreen, tons of aftermarket parts and a "Pop" of the exhaust note that can only be had by a high compression engine.

I glanced back to see the Mustang guy scanning his mirrors to see if it was clear. Just before the cross traffic light went yellow, I yelled at the bike dude, "I think that Mustang behind me wants to run me". He smiled and nodded as if to say yea. I'm guessing that he couldn't hear me over his bike. By now, the cross traffic light was yellow. I could hear the Ford behind me coming up on the RPMs.

Green light.
As the light turned green, the bike and I rolled out smartly. I spooled it up to about ten pounds of boost as the bike stayed next to me. I looked over and saw a big ol grin on his face. Mustang guy had slid back as he was most likely having to shift thru gears. I kept things at about 12 lbs of boost as the bike pulled to my front fender and the Shelby started to make a serious run at my back bumper. This must have been about 60 mph.

At this point in time, I'd like to point out that racing is sometimes like sex. Ya never quite know what you're up against until it happens. :D I'm sure that Mustang guy was drooling over putting another easy notch in his shifter knob as that Monte in front of him, most likely wouldn't be able to get out of it's own way. :eek:

As my gas pedal now hit the carpet and the boost went to 24 psi, It was obvious that the Stang had brought a twelve second knife to a ten second gun fight. Within a few seconds, the two of them were side by side and about 10 school bus lengths back. I clicked it off before a hundred and ten and coasted to the next light. Bike dude came up along side to give me a big thumps up and a smile. I returned the respect. All I could see of the Mustang guy was that he flipped a U turn before getting to our light. Guess I should have payed more attention, as that may have been my only chance to see the back end of one of those things.:D

Happy Fathers Day weekend.:)

Mike B.

Great kill story!! I love the 12 second knife / 10 second gun fight analogy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it one of them 600 h.p. Shelby GT 500 anything else would of been a waste of fuel !

Nice work, Mike!

The coop is in need of a rear end rebuild so I have not been driving it much.
Also been waaaaaaaaaay busy working on a building a couple software platforms that are gonna make me an a bunch of others involved, filthy stinking rich, and building my payment processing agency at the same time. I literally work from 6AM to midnight nearly every day.
Few more months of this and I'll be back in action with a never ending supply fuel and methanol money. ;-)

Be careful Tim. Working that hard will make your hair (feathers) fall out. :chicken::cautious:

What's wrong with your rear end? Eggs just falling out, after Papa Lou got done with you?:eek::D

Be careful Tim. Working that hard will make your hair (feathers) fall out. :chicken::cautious:

What's wrong with your rear end? Eggs just falling out, after Papa Lou got done with you?:eek::D

Oh, snap... or fart..... what ever fits........

Best wishes on the "filthy stinking rich" thing. Always happy to see someone get a leg up.!!!!!!!!!

Good kill. Like Street Lethal said, made me feel like I was there. Finally getting my Spool Fool filler panels put on and painted. Body shop was very impressed with quality and fit of filler panels. Thanks for a great product for our community.

Now don't take this the wrong way but the "Shelby" driver was probably driving a Shelby GT instead of a Shelby GT500! As a GT500 owner/driver, I can tell you the GT500 is a very difficult car to drive! Fast and fun, but difficult to run! Shifting that Shelby 6 speed is a chore in itself! The tires on a GT500 were too skinny, and it had tons of torque! A Shelby GT was a run of the mill mustang with some cosmetic changes, and that's It! There was an option for a supercharger, but it wasn't widely added! 1st and second gear in my Shelby are absolutely useless at full throttle even with wider tires! I'm not advocating for the Shelby driver, but anyone with a mustang can put a sticker on a window! The Shelby's are wicked machines! The GN I just bought is a monster as well! It's definitely faster than the GN's I've driven before, but my Shelby left me behind very quickly! Again don't take this the wrong way! I'm not trying to insult anyone, but the Shelby GT500 is a force to be reckoned with!

Well maybe but a true car guy will like any car regardless of make! The people that hold onto the thought the one make is better than the other needs to reexamine that thought! My GN that I just bought let me down after 20 miles! My Ford didnt!

You are right! I did have a 1962Ford 1/2 ton pickup that was a fine machine. The next truck was a 1990 Ford 1/2 ton. I bought it brand new and it was a piece of garbage. Did you know Henry Ford hated Jews? I don't recall if Ford had Hitlers' photo on his wall or Hitler had Fords' photo on his wall. Not that this has anything to do with their cars. Just some trivia.