Just Purchased - GNX 451

Bodybag

GNX #451
Hey everyone,

I just purchased GNX #451 as the title of the thread reads, and I wanted to make my first post here and say hello. I've been lurking here for a while and the information on this board has been excellent.

Originally I was shopping for an '86-'87 GN and hadn't considered a GNX primarily due to the extra cost. However, #451 was purchased at a VERY reasonable price and I couldn't pass it up.

I can't post pictures yet because it's my first post, but I assure you I will have pictures up soon.

Look forward to more time here and getting to know a few other GN and GNX owners.

Steve

Welcome to TB.com

Do you plan on driving the car or was it an investment?

Some pics would be nice. ;)

Hey everyone,

I just purchased GNX #451 as the title of the thread reads, and I wanted to make my first post here and say hello. I've been lurking here for a while and the information on this board has been excellent.

Originally I was shopping for an '86-'87 GN and hadn't considered a GNX primarily due to the extra cost. However, #451 was purchased at a VERY reasonable price and I couldn't pass it up.

I can't post pictures yet because it's my first post, but I assure you I will have pictures up soon.

Look forward to more time here and getting to know a few other GN and GNX owners.

Steve
Congratulations on your purchase……I know how excited you must be….driving it the first time really give am unbelievable rush…… enjoy….:biggrin:

WELCOME ABOARD!!! I'm sure that you'll enjoy your GNX as I have mine. It's always nice to see people stare at it in traffic or give you a thumbs-up. Also nice to share it with other people at car shows or cruise night and have them tell you that they've heard about them or seen them in magazines but have never seen a real one in person. Until you're able to post photos at this website you can upload them for free to one of the photo hosting websites such as Photobucket, Flickr, or Webshots as I did from our Midwest Buick Meet last Saturday at the Volo Auto Museum. TURBO BUICK VOLO MIDWEST MEET JULY 26, 2008 pictures from cars photos on webshots

Welcome to TB.com

Do you plan on driving the car or was it an investment?

Some pics would be nice. ;)

Actually BOTH. As you can see from my sig I have a few investment cars already, so I definitely consider the GNX an investment. However, I drive everything I own on a pretty regular basis and the GNX will be no different. As a matter of fact, I've managed to put nearly 500 miles on it since Wednesday already.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! To say I'm excited about getting to be one of the "Fortunate 547" would be an understatement. I have hardly been able to sleep for the last few days, and I'll admit that rarely does a car do that to me. Even my neighbor told me he might be as excited as me just knowing someone who owns a GNX.

As far as what GNX181 said about thumbs up and stares, it's wild. I get this in various amounts from most of my cars, but some more than others. So far the GNX seems to be getting a lot more attention than I had assumed it would. I just figured it would blend into the crowd and be relatively invisible, I was wrong.

Love those Shelby GLHS's!! I used to race one with my 86 GT all the time back in the 80's( would get him by a car or two). I would love to own one but I think my wife would REALLY believe I've lost my mind.l:tongue:

Congrats on the new car! So what's the story on it? I really like hearing about the history of a car, it's always a good topic at a car show.

As far as I can tell I'm the 4th owner. The records that have been kept on this car are pretty good. It was purchased new on Nov. 2nd 1987 right here in So.Cal from a dealer close to me in Costa Mesa. The original owner kept it until 2004 and put a little over 52,000 miles on it during that time. Also, the original owner put an Art Carr Torque Converter in the car in March of 1988, otherwise the car was left completely stock.

The second owner bought it in Nov. of 2004 with 52,158 miles on the odometer from another local dealer who took it from the original owner on a trade-in. The second owner only kept #451 for a few months until April of '05 when he posted it on Ebay and sold it to the guy I bought it from in Las Vegas with 52,800 miles on it.

The 3rd owner had purchased an '87 GN just weeks before he purchased #451, so the GNX rarely got driven and he decided to sell it in June of this year (2008) after putting less than 2000 miles on it since '04.

I purchased the car with 54,452 on the odometer on July 30th and drove it home from Las Vegas back to Orange County, CA where I live.

Everything on the car is in perfect working condition with the exception of the Cruise Control which I am having repaired right now, and a small exhaust leak near the drivers side muffler which I'll have fixed once it's back from having the Cruise fixed. After that, I plan to leave the car exactly how it is and just drive and enjoy it for a while. It needs no cosmetic repair, and is in almost flawless condition inside and out.

Congratulations!

Greetings,

I got your email and will send you a Registry form.

Welcome to the 'dark side.'

Sweet, congrats. I love your GLHS too, wish I could find one in my area that wasn't blown up and rusted to hell, it'd make a good DD for me. :D

Sweet, congrats. I love your GLHS too, wish I could find one in my area that wasn't blown up and rusted to hell, it'd make a good DD for me. :D

Back in 88-89 there was a guy around here that had a GLHS that was outrunning most street cars.I saw it at the track years ago running 11:50's.What a SLEEPER.He took alot of the Mustang guy's money.I always heard he was spraying it but no one knew for sure.

I had an '86 Omni GLH back in 88-90 that was spraying nitrous and had a Stage II setup with straight exhaust and a few other tricks that was running consistent high 11's at the time.

Actually that's how I ended up with the GLHS. I was shopping for another GLH back in the end of '03 and I found that most of them have been tortured and junked by now. However, people who bought GLHS's back then must have had a clue they were special (like the GNX), and they kept them nice. So it was actually easier to find a nice GLHS than a standard GLH. And even though it was slightly more expensive, the long term value is much better with the numbered GLHS cars than with a regular Omni so it made sense.