Just popped up on ebay, thoughts?

Just for comparison purposes. I watched this one get away on ebay last week. They both have a $13.5k buy it now price. This one needs rear fillers (of course). Guy says its bone stock with no modifications at all, no rot or rust of any kind, and it has 94k miles. He has owned it for 10 years and currently has been driving it often a few times a week for the last few months. Which would you personally go for

Last edited:
Kind of a crapshoot without seeing it in person. The first has a known tuning issue that could be intensive to resolve. The second has so little info in the description I wouldn't bother bidding.

Your best bet is to have someone honest check it out in the flesh. Maybe hook up a scanmaster on the test drive and get some data, take some video, start if from cold and go through the buying guide (you can find it on gntttype).

IMHO, unless it was from a reputable ebay dealer I wouldn't deal sight unseen.

Now, you've got 5 days on the first one... maybe a day trip/ quick flight to check it out? It would be a couple hundred $ but really an investment towards your future purchase.

Kind of a crapshoot without seeing it in person. The first has a known tuning issue that could be intensive to resolve. The second has so little info in the description I wouldn't bother bidding.

Your best bet is to have someone honest check it out in the flesh. Maybe hook up a scanmaster on the test drive and get some data, take some video, start if from cold and go through the buying guide (you can find it on gntttype).

IMHO, unless it was from a reputable ebay dealer I wouldn't deal sight unseen.

Now, you've got 5 days on the first one... maybe a day trip/ quick flight to check it out? It would be a couple hundred $ but really an investment towards your future purchase.
Very true, may go up on friday into saturday and check it out before the auction ends. Anyone know anybody reputable that can check using a scanmaster near Bliss, NY?? (1 hour south east of buffalo). Id meet them there and pay them for the trip to come out with a scan tool.

Try member pdzz he's somewhere up in that general area or perhaps can recommend someone. Also might try posting in the right area since NY is not in New England and your posting in the new England section

There's a couple in the for sale section that don't look too bad for a few more bucks.