Just finished: my black 1980 Regal (lots of pictures)

Have you ever seen a similar car on the road?

• Yes

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
Ya good thing chevy bailed. Might have stole it from buick. They were ticked enough that a mid size coupe was kicking the snot out of their vette and camaro lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I think the Monte ss should have had the TPI motor 85-88 at the very least.

They had the mighty tpi 4.3 lol. It is strange they never went with a fi v8 but I'm thinking they didn't want to draw to much attention away from the maro and vette. GM'S corvette complex has done other platforms some serious injustice.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Well I SOLD my "baby" today ...:barefoot:

IF anyone knows where there is ANOTHER 80 Buick Regal Sport Coupe, "I'd STILL would love ta see it" !

(Having never driven this one, it was "time ta go") ...

Gese these were NIIIICCCCE cars !

ANYONE ?

There was one on the 14 power tour between Iowa and Wisconsin. I have at least one pic of it on the ext hard drive but can't dig it out right now. It was a black regal and I'm sure it was 78-80. Nice too. When I saw this thread I thought it was probably yours.

Well after all these years, I sold my Turbo Regal, (and two of her sisters, even MORE beautiful then this car on page No. 1) ... *what amazes me is the "lack of any want" for these cars ! I've watched (E-Bay & Cr. List for example) these same cars, and noticed this very same thing / *not even an opening bid !.

I guess in the end, very few (if any) car is "like most things" ... "NOT" a good investment. While I got a fair price for the Turbo example (the one in this thread), her "sisters" (M/C Cutlass's etc ...) some to garner only passive interest at best too. The last (and the only car show I attended) with this Turbo was: "a flop" as well ... *not one person (again), had even so much as as "passive-interest" in the car ...

"You tell me" :(

I actually had a group of four 18 year old boys come up to me at a car show and were amazed by my draw through engine.

I actually had a group of four 18 year old boys come up to me at a car show and were amazed by my draw through engine.

GREAT !! "But I wish it would be MORE" ... My point is their IS no "point" ... "I wanna be WRONG". :)

Well I SOLD my "baby" today ...:barefoot:

IF anyone knows where there is ANOTHER 80 Buick Regal Sport Coupe, "I'd STILL would love ta see it" !

(Having never driven this one, it was "time ta go") ...

Gese these were NIIIICCCCE cars !

ANYONE ?

Its a '78, but I think it fits. My 15 year old bought this a few weeks ago. He's replacing the water pump at the moment.....hopefully that is the source of most of the bad engine noises, lol.

UBaTqRC.jpg
[/IMG]
UBaTqRC.jpg

Jmqk7M9.jpg

"WOW" !! I love it ! *Those were / are the Factory Sport Rims (I had them too).

Well:
"That's proof again that these cars are STILL out there" !!.

I miss mine, but I never drove it anyway, so I guess I did the right thing 'parting' with her.

Well after all these years, I sold my Turbo Regal, (and two of her sisters, even MORE beautiful then this car on page No. 1) ... *what amazes me is the "lack of any want" for these cars ! I've watched (E-Bay & Cr. List for example) these same cars, and noticed this very same thing / *not even an opening bid !.

I guess in the end, very few (if any) car is "like most things" ... "NOT" a good investment. While I got a fair price for the Turbo example (the one in this thread), her "sisters" (M/C Cutlass's etc ...) some to garner only passive interest at best too. The last (and the only car show I attended) with this Turbo was: "a flop" as well ... *not one person (again), had even so much as as "passive-interest" in the car ...

"You tell me" :(
They love my black 79 sport coupe.it has a 1980 header panel because I like 4 headlights better.People are always bugging me

UPDATE:

About a year ago, I got my original Buick 1980 Regal out ... (I bought it new back in 79'). ANYWAY: I decided to have the chrome moldings (all of them) "polished" (as the chrome was getting dull). So: I found a polishing place, gave him my stuff ... *and in asking how long it would take, I was told: "about a month". Well, with May coming (almost year later), I still have not gotten them back !.

After going there, (about once a month), I went and insisted upon getting my stuff back, and I was told that "I couldn't do that" ... asking why: I was told "because they weren't all done". Now (amid un-returned phone calls), I've decided to just abandoned the cause (a long story), and try an find new molding's (mainly the rocker moldings).

So: IF anyone has any tips as to a "lead" in my finding these (1978-1980 are all the same), I'd sure appr. it !

You never know unless you ask, and while their still abundant: I'd like ta hold-out for some that were as nice as my flawless original one's .... :ROFLMAO:

UPDATE:

About a year ago, I got my original Buick 1980 Regal out ... (I bought it new back in 79'). ANYWAY: I decided to have the chrome moldings (all of them) "polished" (as the chrome was getting dull). So: I found a polishing place, gave him my stuff ... *and in asking how long it would take, I was told: "about a month". Well, with May coming (almost year later), I still have not gotten them back !.

After going there, (about once a month), I went and insisted upon getting my stuff back, and I was told that "I couldn't do that" ... asking why: I was told "because they weren't all done". Now (amid un-returned phone calls), I've decided to just abandoned the cause (a long story), and try an find new molding's (mainly the rocker moldings).

So: IF anyone has any tips as to a "lead" in my finding these (1978-1980 are all the same), I'd sure appr. it !

You never know unless you ask, and while their still abundant: I'd like ta hold-out for some that were as nice as my flawless original one's .... :ROFLMAO:

Really? They have had your parts for over a year and you are blowing it off and taking the loss? I would sue their ass!!!! :mad:

UPDATE:

That's BS!!

I never got a "slip" (a "record"), and I'm running outa hope fast ... I NEVER would have thought this would have happened. Like I said: "a LONG story". When you call, the phone says: "This subscriber's mailbox is full".