Just Bought This

Tonyrodz

Anyone ever see this setup before? Just bought it used, supposedly it's not being produced anymore, not completely sure if I'm gonna install it yet. Anyone know what it's worth?
Yay or nay on the install.
V__1F08.jpg
V__9D23.jpg
V__2BCB.jpg

Last edited:
You're correct, they quit making the Street Sticks for our cars way back in the mid 90's. I'm still running mine in my 86.
Sorry about the crumby picture.

Can't tell you what it would be worth, they're incredibly rare.

86 020.jpg

If you would, please make a pattern on paper for the top plate Tony. I've got the same shifter but not the right top plate and could use the pattern so I can make one. It should work well in the car if you choose to use it. I bought mine for under $100 NIB off evilbay but it took a while to find it.

It does look good!! Do you like it? Notice crisper shifts? Was it a pita to install?
Not too bad to install IF you have all the parts. Can't see if they're all there from that pic. The shifter wouldn't have anything to do with the quality of the shifts, that's internal tranny mods.
Do you think all the parts are there?

Have one of those in my 81 olds cutlass with my 455 bigblock .just keep it greased last for years .

As for parts looks like it all there cable with the end that slides in tranny lever the shifter cable bracket that bolts to the tranny pan hole.s the back up switch and the neutral safety switch and the assembly maybe missing some nuts bolt and spacers for the granny cable bracket.

The only part that I can't see in the box is the cable lever that attaches to the trans. The cable wont attach to the stock lever...

As you can see in this picture the lever with the double 90 bend is the stock cable lever. The flat lever under it that the cable is actually attached to is for part of the shifter kit. The reason I stacked them is so the original lever can be retained because of the attachment to the shifter rod that goes up to the steering shaft.

Oh, and the cable mount that bolts to the tranny also requires to thick washers/spacers between it and the pan.

100_0532.JPG

yes your right dave I missed that .I don't see that lever either . good catch .dave I see your scanmaster is looking for a real home.

Last edited:
DSC_0262.JPG
yes your right dave I missed that .I don't see that lever either . good catch .dave I see your scanmaster is looking for a real home.

Well, that photo is a few years old. Everything is different now.

Here's the setup now...

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

Last edited:
Check this

Attachments

• WIN_20151111_15_48_06_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20151111_15_48_06_Pro.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 140
  • WIN_20151111_15_48_48_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20151111_15_48_48_Pro.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 146
  • WIN_20151111_15_52_00_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20151111_15_52_00_Pro.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 159
  • WIN_20151218_17_37_08_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20151218_17_37_08_Pro.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 156
Not too bad to install IF you have all the parts. Can't see if they're all there from that pic. The shifter wouldn't have anything to do with the quality of the shifts, that's internal tranny mods.
Do you think all the parts are there?
Look like all the parts are there?
WP_20160130_001.jpg