Junk yard find??

jacksorroche

In a local junk yard, I came across an 85 Ninety Eight with the 3.8. It was front wheel drive but I noticed that it had the Power Six logo on top of the intake manifold.
My question is, are these engines the same as our hot air's? I know the heads and intake are probibly different, but the MAF and other stuff looked the same as a hot air. I appreciate all replys.

No, the only thing the same is the cylinder heads and connecting rods. The heads should be 8445's. The bellhousing bolt pattern is smaller and the crankshaft has the wrong flange and I believe it has a shorter snout.

Jack looks like you found FWD junk!

I got a find for you. Walk in a you pull it yard. See a old rusty 68 charger in the back. So i go check it out with my Mopar Friend. As we look it over it's a 68 R/T Charger 440 727 8 3/4 posi. Complete drive tran $350. Of course i lent my friend the coin.

I can do ya one better: My dad and I are in the you pull and pay yard, and I find a pipe that looks all to familular...the turbo inlet pipe...As I look a bit farther, to my suprise, a turbo Monte Carlu, with a turbo hood...Not like ours, but a turbo indeed. The front of the motor was stripped of what looked like the AC, power steering and such, but the turbo, headers, carburator were all there. too bad I didn't want one of those...this car looked pretty good!

John

I am going to the junk yard tomorrow. I am hoping to find some of these good finds that everybody here talks about. I guess it takes persistance, persistance and more persistance.