Jordan's new police car :D

JordanCVP

Just got a new crown vic from the auction. 1998 model, 80,000 miles, white ext/blue int, needs about $250 worth of minor/cosmetic work and it will be flawless. I'm on my way out the door for work, I'll talk more about it later ;)

I got the pics taken today. I'm not gonna take any of the interior or the engine til I get the carpets on the inside and the engine bay cleaned out. :)

98vicfront.JPG

98vicleftfront.JPG

98vicleftrear.JPG

98vicrightfront.JPG

98vicwheel.JPG

Wow, it looks really good. I'll bet you'll scare alot of people when you cruise up behind them. And also, I'm sure on the highway everyone around you will always be doing the speed limit.;)

Originally posted by JordanCVP

I got the pics taken today. I'm not gonna take any of the interior or the engine til I get the carpets on the inside and the engine bay cleaned out. :)

Clean that ford motor out of there? Great idea!;)

not a ford guy here, but a black crown vic with the black rims (fbi looking) with a cobra motor....would RULE!

Re: Re: Jordan's new police car :D

Originally posted by mygrain
Clean that ford motor out of there? Great idea!;)

LOL! Yeah, I think I'll jam a 500 cubic inch motor in there. It'll fit the whole senior-citizen look quite nicely. ;)

I got it for $3500, I dunno how either... there was a '93 in worse shape with 101k miles that went for $2700, which is way too much... Guess everyone wanted the older ones more. I like the looks of the older ones, more musclecar-like, but it's hard to find a clean one.

btw tyler... you might like Bob Bondurant's Roush Crown Vics :D
http://www.crownvicmuscle.com/gallery/index.php?car=roush
they just need the old black steelies with chrome centercaps back and they'd be perfect.... whats cool is they somehow mated a T45 five-speed to that car.

Wow, put some Buick emblems on the Black car, drop in a turbo 6, and call that car a new GN!

lol and while I'm turning it into a hackjob, put an Audi symbol or something on the center of the trunk lid, where those two holes are! (used to have a Ford emblem)

A friend of mine had one.

This guy bought a dark blue 96 (I think) awhile back.
Well, add to that, he is also a FD volunteer. Boy, he went nuts with the lights, the antennas, and all the gear. Short of the reflective stripes on the side, you would swear he was a state trooper. It had strobes, a full roof bar, scanners, the 2-ways, push bars, the works.

Freaked me out first time I ever saw him with it. I was outside my friends house, waiting for him, he comes around the corner and this Crown Vic is right behind him with roof lights going. Scared the crap outta me!

I was thinking about getting one, but they go for way more than that at any of our local auctions. Locally that same car probably would have brought twice that.

Funny story, some friends and I were in an area crusing, and one of em decides to race someone. Well, the guy with the Crown Vic pulls up a little bit behind while they were running. The kid freaked out, thought it was a cop! Had to give the ricer a bit of a scare..lol!

Some idiot ricer in a cavalier was going across an intersection today when I was out taking it for a short spin, and I pulled a U-turn and followed him (not on purpose). He was going 40 and then slowed down to 25 when he saw me. He had decals, fart pipe, anti-camera reflective film over his license plate... the works... And then like a moron he REVVED at me! :rolleyes: moron.

well now just buzz cut your hair and put on a "trooper suit" and youll look more convincing next time ;)

Re: Re: Re: Jordan's new police car :D

Originally posted by JordanCVP

I got it for $3500, I dunno how either...

$3500?! I looked all over for a decently priced one before I settled on my Buick Century. Seems like the people that have them think they can charge a PREMIUM for a beat-on Ford. Most were asking more than grandpa was asking for his non Police Interceptor but very well kept CV.

I'd still like to get one someday. I like the idea of everyone getting out of my way, but I don't like the idea of everyone slowing down to the limit when I approach.

Maybe a Marauder?

Good luck with it.

Jim

hehe like I said... it's always for sale. I'm doing some little things, like new plugs and wires, the carpets on the inside, an oil change soon (I'm sick and tired of doign my own, I usually go somewhere to get it done along with a new filter) but make an offer as is if you're interested =)

Remember, I'm selling these so I can eventually buy a GN....

Thanks :D unfortunately, we have to sell the house... you wouldn't believe the property tax here, despite the cheap real estate... those houses cost approx. $250,000... yes, that's a lot, but imagine how much a house like that would cost in California... maybe $1.2 million? :eek:

I have a single story 1950's ranch style house with 1670 sf of AC space. Its in ok shape and would sell right now for $280k, so $250 for those houses are a steal!!!

Around the corner from me houses a little smaller (they seem smaller from comparing) go for $550K and they are smaller...what would it cost to build a house that size ,I might just tear mine down and build one like that:) :) :)

WHY???!!! 80,000 miles on a used squad car is like 200,000 miles on a normal civilian car. Crown Vics suck when they get alot of miles on them from police driving. I speak from experience.:confused:

Not enough, obviously... The PATROL cars are the ones to watch out for. The ones with hacked up dashes, capped holes in the trunk and roof, lots of miles, etc.... this was the supervisor's car for the Saginaw Department of Inspection. Suffice to say not much police pursuit activity went on in this vehicle. It just needs some regular preventative maintanence and it will be perfect.

I like that car, I want one!!! Those spot lights are cool to, come in handy..