Joined in 2017 but this is first post

Jonesy

USMC Iraq Combat
Hey all, I've been reading this site for about a week straight day and night. I have a few Buicks, (grew up in Flint and whole family worked there) and am just getting around to spending a lil quality time with my GN. This car is the car that was shown on Fantomworks, not that it matters. It's an original car with 32,323 miles. I know the ownership history since day one. I bought it sight unseen while in Camp Pendleton and picked it up while in Norfolk. It had 28,000 or so miles on it when I got it in 2015? 2016? Damn, I'm getting old.
Anyway, It's still got it's 28lb injectors, factory FP and FPR, MAF sensor and just about everything else. It's got a TT chip for 93 octane and I am running a SM 2.1 I just replaced the valve covers and up pipe with stock pieces, put a new heater core in it along with all new radiator/heating hoses. I had to cut off the original radiator hoses dated 1987. I sourced the passenger valve cover breather tube as it had k and n breathers in the old VC's. Put an NOS vacuum line with the factory "y" for the waste gate solenoid. Re did the front sway bar bushings and end links, re cored the radiator and drained the block as I am getting ready to run Evans. I just did the powermaster to vacuum conversion with a new pedal ( that was fun) and put braided brake to cylinder lines on. It has a 160 thermostat, a catless aftermarket exhaust and factory IC. Replaced the spark plugs with original AC Delco 43 green rings.
The car runs flawlessly, idled perfect and never a hesitation. Should I say the car "ran" flawlessly, we"ll have to see if anything changed since the few things I did. From reading, I will keep an eye on my Int and BLM's, TPS, and IAC counts as I have removed a non-metered vacuum leak/leaks from the breathers and put the stock metal tube back on. It has had a PVC since I bought it and will be leaving it in place.
Anyhow, I will continue to read and reread. I have zero plans to change anything at all. I drive my cars like the old man that I am becoming. Here are a few pics.
news_photo-large_image-1451.jpeg
getPart-3.jpg
getPart-1.jpg
getPart.jpg
getPart-2.jpg

Very nice. By the way, there were some very interesting articles about how almost all of those fancy differential covers starve the pinion bearings of oil. Real expert did it if someone remembers his name.

outstanding great job... I run rmi coolant additive..in my old girl...I am lucky that I dont need to run antifreeze...love the pics ...welcome. :cool:

Very nice. By the way, there were some very interesting articles about how almost all of those fancy differential covers starve the pinion bearings of oil. Real expert did it if someone remembers his name.
Gale Banks did one for trucks and they are called flat back covers

Thanks gentlemen, I have seen alot of your names and avatars already through my hours of reading, and I appreciate the compliments. The sell to my wife to purchase this car was that it was going to be my daily driver. But I just can't bring myself to do that down here where I live with the intense sun, not to mention the heat. I'm afraid the pallet will disintegrate and all of the plastic will crack.

Ah, a Fellow FLINTOID . Very nice GN.

My dad did 41 plus years in Buick, mostly in factory 5. He hired in in 64. He just passed at the end of February and I was up for 2 weeks. It was a great place to grow up but it looks like a bomb went off there now. My family and I usually come up every other year for B2B or Woodward. I still have all of family up there and bought retirement property up by the bridge.

303 protectant ....way better than armorall...just sayin...get you a yota...or Honda beater for daily driver or a 90's vette they are cheap..LOL

My dad did 41 plus years in Buick, mostly in factory 5. He hired in in 64. He just passed at the end of February and I was up for 2 weeks. It was a great place to grow up but it looks like a bomb went off there now. My family and I usually come up every other year for B2B or Woodward. I still have all of family up there and bought retirement property up by the bridge.

That is such a shame what's happen in Michigan. In the 50s and 60s Detroit was the richest per capita city in the country and an envy of the world. Amazing what politicians can do to destroy. Hopefully Trump can now bring back our industry since everyone has had a taste of what living under the communist demonrats and certain republicons is like.
Have you thought of the UP for retirement? Beautiful in the summer, just make sure you take extra blood since you'll need an extra pint everyday from the mosquito drain. :D

303 protectant ....way better than armorall...just sayin...get you a yota...or Honda beater for daily driver or a 90's vette they are cheap..LOL

Lol, back around 71, that's 1971 for y'all in Rio Linda, we used Hollingshead Vinyl Top Wax on stuff before the Armour All came out. Worked great. Someone might need this information if it comes up in Trivia Pursuit. :ROFLMAO:

That is such a shame what's happen in Michigan. In the 50s and 60s Detroit was the richest per capita city in the country and an envy of the world. Amazing what politicians can do to destroy. Hopefully Trump can now bring back our industry since everyone has had a taste of what living under the communist demonrats and certain republicons is like.
Have you thought of the UP for retirement? Beautiful in the summer, just make sure you take extra blood since you'll need an extra pint everyday from the mosquito drain. :D

The UP is not on our radar as my wife is Honduran. She can't get warm enough and is truthfully dreading the move. We will be sun birds and keep our pace in Florida but she has already commented how Michigan was not her first choice for a retirement destination. That's what happens when you're a car guy, Michigan is the place to be in the summer. I can't handle the heat of summer anymore.

I agree and I have a daily driver now but it will go to my daughter when she turns 16, a year from tomorrow. Shes a 420 baby. The car was buffed out at Fantomworks when I first took posession of it. I also have direct access to Mike Phillip's at Autogeek for professional paint restoration. The car will get repainted in a few years.

Hope to see you at B2B this summer. I'll be parking across the river on W. Water Street in front of the old Durant - Dort Factory #1 in Carriage Town where all the other cool old Buick's hang out :cool:.

Hope to see you at B2B this summer. I'll be parking across the river on W. Water Street in front of the old Durant - Dort Factory #1 in Carriage Town where all the other cool old Buick's hang out :cool:.
hey dan I have something you might be interested in ... call me ...

Nice Buick.. and pride in your ride. I think it's kinda special living in Flint,MI " the home of the Grand National. Beside being popsicle cold in the winter time, it's not a bad town to visit. I can contest to that when attended Buick 100th Centennial Anniversary in July,2003. What a party..

Absolutely, if we come up I'll hit you up on here to let you know.