Job Well Done

GNDriven

I would like to show my appreciation to a job well done to the author of the thread “Engine Pic” posted a few weeks back. I got in contact with Chris Hogeland when I was at my last hope of ever having a stout stage II V6 in my 87 GN. Chris not only resurrected my engine from the grave but has turned it into the most sickest motor I‘ve ever had. I know he did not manufacture the heads, block, etc, but he sure has made them work well together.

I’ve had multiple engines over the years from builders local and remote, and I am most impressed with Chris’s attention to every meticulous detail. His diligent focus is reassuring that every square inch of my motor was inspected and placed together right. I can't even start to tell you how many times he called me to let me now what he found or how he was going to set something up.

Chris handles himself very professional but yet ends up being very affable. Chris is an avid racer and knows that I am going to run the sh**t out of this motor. He has only given me honest answers to my questions of how things are going to operate and the mechanical limits.

Most know that an engine build can take a surprisingly long time to complete, what most people don’t know is all the intricate steps and processes that take place. What I do know is that it was well worth the wait. Job well done Chris, I thank you for skilled craft at being a top notch Buick engine builder; if not the best.

SAM_0259.jpg

This is all him!

120811_0001.jpg

Look at the timing pointer - killer piece. He dialed in TDC and then marks the balancer at the standard timing spots. He installed the crank sensor. He primed the engine before it left his shop (It had 5 quarts of oil in it when I got it :) ).

SAM_0320.jpg

In the car ready to rock

Engine building is a very complicated and long process when done right. Chris does excellent work and knows what he's doing.

Thanks Guys! I have A passion for these little Engines and like to see my customers have fun and enjoy them.

Thanks Guys! I have A passion for these little Engines and like to see my customers have fun and enjoy them.
Come on Chris, you know the shop foreman "buster" is the one coming up with the secret cam profiles, and secret engine balance %'s is what keeps those engines together.

I would like to show my appreciation to a job well done to the author of the thread “Engine Pic” posted a few weeks back. I got in contact with Chris Hogeland when I was at my last hope of ever having a stout stage II V6 in my 87 GN. Chris not only resurrected my engine from the grave but has turned it into the most sickest motor I‘ve ever had. I know he did not manufacture the heads, block, etc, but he sure has made them work well together.

I’ve had multiple engines over the years from builders local and remote, and I am most impressed with Chris’s attention to every meticulous detail. His diligent focus is reassuring that every square inch of my motor was inspected and placed together right. I can't even start to tell you how many times he called me to let me now what he found or how he was going to set something up.

Chris handles himself very professional but yet ends up being very affable. Chris is an avid racer and knows that I am going to run the sh**t out of this motor. He has only given me honest answers to my questions of how things are going to operate and the mechanical limits.

Most know that an engine build can take a surprisingly long time to complete, what most people don’t know is all the intricate steps and processes that take place. What I do know is that it was well worth the wait. Job well done Chris, I thank you for skilled craft at being a top notch Buick engine builder; if not the best.

SAM_0259.jpg

This is all him!

120811_0001.jpg

Look at the timing pointer - killer piece. He dialed in TDC and then marks the balancer at the standard timing spots. He installed the crank sensor. He primed the engine before it left his shop (It had 5 quarts of oil in it when I got it :) ).

SAM_0320.jpg

In the car ready to rock

What make is the balancer?

MR.GN said:
Come on Chris, you know the shop foreman "buster" is the one coming up with the secret cam profiles, and secret engine balance %'s is what keeps those engines together.

You was the only one that knows that and was swore to secrecy. But Buster is definitely in the know. If I could only get him to stop licking his balls in front of the customer.