Jeep Steering Shaft

"Black Ice"

Looking to do a steering shafts upgrade, I heard guys say get a mid 90's Jeep Cherokee steering shafts with "Nacam" stamped on it. I got that part, where about is it stamped at on the shaft, so I won't spend hours looking for the stamping on the shaft. Top, BoTom or middle way?. Thanks guys

it is at the steering column (top) connection, not the gear box.
IMG_1611.JPG

kirban 2 cents worth

We sell a GM shaft that is easier to work with than the Jeep....or if you going that route we have the metal bearing to replace the rubber Buick shield that is at the base of your main column...we sell ALOT of them....worth replacing since you are changing out the lower shaft...

not sure of part number its on our website...

Jeep shaft was the hot one years ago but the GM one is now the one many owners seek...

deniskirban@yahoo.com

Dennis, the reason why i have that still lying in my dining room floor, i bought your rag joint and upper column bushing kit, fixed the original shaft, and tweaked the pre-load on the gear box and no need to play with the replacement shaft, definitely made a difference.

Kirban, the price for that unit is still the same as listed on the website?

Its $119.95 which includes ups ground to your door assuming you reside in the US. I do paypal as I own these under my other company. If you want one. I got 2 currently...

They are show quality....I used to do the Jeep ones but found them difficult to work with they are hard to collapse to get them in stalled.

The GM ones are superior in my opinion also what is nice about them is in the original GM vans they are encased in a boot so virtually mint condition prior to getting them refurbished and painted....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

my paypal is denniskirban@yahoo.com

if you want one $119.95 buys it

FWIW I just did kirbans shaft upgrade and im very pleased with it. No slop in the joints and took less than an hour to swap out. Lots of room now too
95bdbd4f92559cc2167d8e18c0eb3c13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever just took the black sleeve off the factory setup and just replace the rag joint. Paint the shaft, Replace the boot? That seems like it should last another 30 year's or more?