Jacksonville relocation

GNandTTA

We will likely be relocating to the Jacksonville area. Looking at purchasing a home on ½ acre – want to build dream garage. Price range around $600,000. Can anyone offer locations to look at or locations to not look at? We will be taking a trip down to Jacksonville in mid January.

I think you might find that 600k will go a bit farther here than you expect. Unless you're looking for a "custom home" on your property, or you wish to live in an exclusive neighborhood then you should have no problem at all finding something with acreage for that kind of money, with plenty to spare. Average single family homes can be had for ~200k, and exclusive communities less than 500k.

Jacksonville is a very large city - the largest county landwise in the nation. What is important to you? Proximity to work, beach, school, shopping - or perhaps a little away from the madness?

Scott

Maybe try a little south of the city and you can find some large acreage, to build an extra garage,for some good prices. The smaller towns up there seem pretty nice.

look on the north side close to Fl/Ga line

I live in yulee 45 mins from jax and there are some nice property still around here or look in callahan area only 45 mins from jax but with out all the traffic .

There is definately land that can still be had on the north side of the city. I drive through there several times weekly to Jax. I live about 75 north, into GA, and I am sure you will be able to find something there. On the other hand, if you have children and are looking for the best school system, you may want to look on the south side in St Johns county. Their schools are like the best in the state. The taxes and properties are higher, but could still be affordable.

Mike

yep, with home prices at crash and burn rates, you should be able to find a nice place for 200, sink the other 400 into garage:D

Hey I am 15 miles south of jax,orange park.I have seen 4closed homes for less
than 100k what they sold for 2yrs ago.You can get graet deals now.jake