Ive been hit! Dealing with Insurance Companies. Allstate

GS70350

Round Headlights.Like em?
Driving down a 30mph residential street, I saw a large white Ford F-150 truck approach the intersection ahead of me in which there was a stop sign for him. He slowed to a stop as i continued on my way, rapidly approaching the intersection. When i was around 5 to 10 car lengths away, he began to accelerate from the stop sign and headed straight toward me. I veered off to the right, slammed on my brakes, and blared my horn, but nevertheless he continued on in his truck and smashed my front drivers fender, header panel, hood, etc, bent my frame, and hit me hard enough to change the axis of my drivetrain, keeping me from putting my car in park or removing the key even.

He had Allstate Insurance, and with him being at fault I must deal with his company of choice. Its been over 5 days and they still havent been able to contact him during their business hours for his "side of the story" and because he wont call them "while hes at work", im stuck with about 6000 dollars worth of damage to my T-type here during the holiday season, and they wont even provide me with a rental car in the mean time since he hasnt been in touch with them.

Ive read a few other horror stories online today and I wanted to ask you guys for any opinions or hopefully facts related to claims on classic/collector vehicles. Im getting worried that when they do send a claims adjuster(next week) he will estimate the value much too low, resulting in the damage totaling the car. Alabama state law totals vehicles when damages exceed 75% of the value. It needs a new front clip and the frame straightened, and also paint work, but its certainly worth fixing. I estimate the damages at 6000 USD and the car would probably have appraised at 10-12K before these damages were incurred.

What steps should I take to make sure that the value of my car is understood by the insurance adjuster? And to make sure that Allstate pays up where they are due.

Thanks for your help.
Call me if you want. 256-452-2424.

get a lawyer, if they aren't doing anything for you now, they are definitly gonna shaft you when it counts...

Please tell me there was an accident report filed by police at the scene of the accident.

Accident report was filed at scene with Mr. Ford truck being at fault in the report. My car was hauled off to the shop where I work (1 block away).

I have never had to source a lawyer for anything before. I guess this is a time where ill need one?

Thanks

First of all I hope you have had your car appraised.

In September of 2005 my T Type was struck in a similar fashion to yours. The driver of the other car crossed over and hit me. The other driver had Liberty Mutual and I was going to let them repair my car.

When I first poke to the Liberty Mutual adjuster I advised him that my vehicle was a Classic and insured as a Classic. I told him that the car had all NOS parts on it and that I wanted it repaired to pre loss condition.

He told me that they would be repairing the car with recycled parts. I told him that I would not accept junkyard parts. He kept saying they're not junk parts, they're recycled parts. I told him that no matter how he sugar coated it (ie calling junk parts recycled parts) I would not accept anything but NOS parts and that I had receipts for all the NOS parts on the car. He told me that if i wanted NOS parts that I would have to pay the difference. I quit dealing with them right away!

I called my own insurance company State Farm and they sent out an adjuster. When my insurance company came to see the car I was armed with pictures and receipts of all the parts on the car. They never flinched and said they would do anything to make the car pre loss condition. State Farm paid my claim and subrogated against Liberty Mutual for all expenses that they incurred.

So my own insurance company repaired my car. My only out of pocket expense was my $250 deductable.

You would never know that the car was ever wrecked!

Good luck and keep us posted.

1. Look up the value of your car in the nada books.
2. Get ad's in your surrounding area of cars very simular to yours.
3. Be very nice to the people you talk to and explain to them why your car is special. They kinda know the GN's but are not well informed on the T-Type.
4. Try to locate parts as soon as possible. They will say that they can't locate parts to do the repairs.

Search my previous post I had an accident too! $7700 in damage and was not as bad as yours. They valued me at $9500, and paid for the repairs after 10 mins of kind convo with the lady was told to total me out!

Hi Jacob. I loved that car. Anyway maybe its time to get your ins.co envolved. I'm pretty sure you're not going to get nailed with anything like higher rates or dropping you. Ins.cos are like a Good Ol'Boy network. They cover eachs other backs in a way. If the guy is ducking Allstate than your guy can either intervene and stick Allstate with what ever they want to or have the courts go after Mr.Ford for your money.Either way Allstate is going to pick up the tab. This may only work if you have comp and collision. Does AL have no fault? If they do than screw Allstate and have your ins.co handle the details. If they balk at the figures or want to total the car than have them buy you a replacement and they will see what your car was really worth.

First of all I hope you have had your car appraised.

In September of 2005 my T Type was struck in a similar fashion to yours. The driver of the other car crossed over and hit me. The other driver had Liberty Mutual and I was going to let them repair my car.

When I first poke to the Liberty Mutual adjuster I advised him that my vehicle was a Classic and insured as a Classic. I told him that the car had all NOS parts on it and that I wanted it repaired to pre loss condition.

He told me that they would be repairing the car with recycled parts. I told him that I would not accept junkyard parts. He kept saying they're not junk parts, they're recycled parts. I told him that no matter how he sugar coated it (ie calling junk parts recycled parts) I would not accept anything but NOS parts and that I had receipts for all the NOS parts on the car. He told me that if i wanted NOS parts that I would have to pay the difference. I quit dealing with them right away!

I called my own insurance company State Farm and they sent out an adjuster. When my insurance company came to see the car I was armed with pictures and receipts of all the parts on the car. They never flinched and said they would do anything to make the car pre loss condition. State Farm paid my claim and subrogated against Liberty Mutual for all expenses that they incurred.

So my own insurance company repaired my car. My only out of pocket expense was my $250 deductable.

You would never know that the car was ever wrecked!

Good luck and keep us posted.

We know NOW it was hit......Just Kidding..

He is right call your own insurance company they will get allstate to respond. I had to do the same when a guy tagged my wifes mini van

Well, after calling the claims adjuster and leaving a few stern voicemails, as well as calling Mr. Ford and leaving him with the impression that I was serious as well (how could he have forgotten? I did tell him id sue if i had to when he hit me.) it seems they are now going to get off their couches and do something about this issue, on Monday of this coming week. I have to call the claims adjuster and let her know when and where to meet me to see the car and there I will present her with all the information I can regarding the value of the vehicle, and the cost of replacement as you have described.

Hey Eric. I loved that car too! I havent actually done much of anything to it since you last saw it, in hopes that id be able to return to the event again and have you drive it! The alignment was right, the oil leaks were all fixed, and the tires dont have ruptured sidewalls! Oh and the headers are rewelded now as well. Too bad that wont happen again, it was a blast!

Ill let you guys know on Monday how ive been treated. Thanks for the help.