It's on! THS Round 2

87LC2

“It’s on!”

Turbo Hot Street returns to action at the 2009 Midwest Buick Challenge.

Turbo Hot Street will be back for Round Two at the 2009 Midwest Buick Challenge in Osceola, Indiana on September 25 thru 27. THS qualifying and eliminations will be on Saturday. Exact times/ schedule to be announced.

For those that have been doing their best Rip Van Winkle imitations, Turbo Hot Street is heads-up racing for 109-block based Turbo Regals/ Grand Nationals. There are some other rules and they can be found in the following link;Official THS Rules 2009 - t6p.com - Turbo Buick Regal Resource . THS was formed with the belief that street-driven, air-conditioned, comfortable and brutally fast performance is what Buicks have always done best. This class is a showcase for these cars.

We had a full field of competitors at our debut at the BPG Nationals in August and anticipate a repeat in Osceola. Not a week has gone by that either Kip Asplund or I have not fielded inquiries about this class.

We are pleased to announce that there will be trophies provided to the winner and runner-up. Schaeffer Lubricants, Champion Racing Heads, and Adam Calcote (aka “The V8 Assassin”) have all again generously donated to THS. Additionally, there will be prizes awarded by the Midwest Buick Challenge/ Chicagoland Chapter! To everyone who has committed to support THS in one way or another so far, thank you!

We look forward to seeing all you “Pro Tree Cowboys” in Indiana in a few weeks!

For those that would rather look at a word doc. or want to save the rules to their computer here they are again.

Attachments

• Turbo_Hot_Street_Rules[1].doc
    31 KB · Views: 226
I'm hoping this top secret car in my garage gets done in time. It will leave all you in the dust and will be the first 9 second car in THS! Oh wait....I'm just like the others who already promised that LOL!!!! Seriously, We hope to get the car done and join ya guys:D

KFB is in?!

We look forward to having a legend such as yourself participating in the class! hahaha. See you guys tomorrow in Muncie!

Looking forward to MWB challange.
DDay ps. what color boost spring will Kevin B. run on this new car??????

Better bring the red one just might need it, you can leave the pink one at home!!LOL!!!!!
DDay

Carolina

Hi Clint,
Actually NC would technically be round one of the new year. We are planning on being there.

Hi Clint,
Actually NC would technically be round one of the new year. We are planning on being there.

Thank you sir, good luck to all THS racers as we already have a purse/sponsor alloted to you guys. See ya either at Reynolds or Piedmont in March 2010!!

Great, one more class I can't run. A 67 turbo limit...Really?

Bryan

Is there anything else that keeps you out of the class other than the turbo?

See ya, Kip

No , from what I am reading in the rules the turbo size is the only item. I have a GT-K 850 (72mm) 4" inlet, 2.5" out.
The rules limit the inlet to 3" and outlet to 2".
My car is not caged yet so depending on the track I would have to turn the car down or risk being thrown out.

Bryan

No , from what I am reading in the rules the turbo size is the only item. I have a GT-K 850 (72mm) 4" inlet, 2.5" out.
The rules limit the inlet to 3" and outlet to 2".
My car is not caged yet so depending on the track I would have to turn the car down or risk being thrown out.

Bryan

If you want to race THS maybe you can find a turbo to borrow from someone.
We would be glad to have you.

Thanks, Kip

The hits keep on comin'

To all Hot Street racers and prospective racers, we are pleased to announce that GNSperformance can be added to our group of sponsors for the THS event at the Midwest Buick Challenge.

We welcome Scot W. and thank you (all) for your support!!!!!!

Start spinnin' the wrenches. Only 16 days left before we crank 'em and roll 'em!

If you want to race THS maybe you can find a turbo to borrow from someone.
We would be glad to have you.

Thanks, Kip

Thanks for the invite! My new tranny is being shipped and if Ronnie is done with my powder coating this week it may happen. Will have to see if someone has a small turbo to borrow.:biggrin:

Bryan

THS rules question

I have been following this new class with interest and would like to participate in the future but I am excluded at the present since my car is a Turbo Trans Am. If nothing else I am excluded by the requirement of the 15" wheels. Of course, the stock wheels on the TTA are 16". Any possibility of including the TTAs? Thanks for the consideration.

Dean

I have been following this new class with interest and would like to participate in the future but I am excluded at the present since my car is a Turbo Trans Am. If nothing else I am excluded by the requirement of the 15" wheels. Of course, the stock wheels on the TTA are 16". Any possibility of including the TTAs? Thanks for the consideration.

Dean

Thanks for the interest Dean. When I wrote the rules it was my mistake for not taking the 16 wheel guys into consideration. That being said there is no problem with a person using 16s and this will be fixed in next years (2010s) rules. Now as for the TTA being included, I think that is something we can discuss for next year. One rule the would be added is that a TTA entrywould have to have a factory TTA rear end.

Take care, Kip

Kip,

Thanks for the reply and the consideration! Will keep an eye out for further developments.

Dean