"Its Old Technology Bro" ...

Making the holiday calls and got my oldest friend on the phone. Told him I was looking to get into a Buick Turbo. His first thing was Get a Vett.
Followed by Its old tech. Which he is right about the car is 35 years old. SO my question what modern tech is lacking that you would want?
I can think of a few, traction control and better braking, Better suspension geometry maybe something with electronic boost control All of these can be addressed. What else would you want say if I were to look at a car form the 2025 + years
TO answer your question without going into alot of detail from top to bottom in the order I see it.
1.Driver visibility
2.Driver feedback
3.the ability to easily modify the car.

As far as the statement of old technology
Doing a little bit of research will prove that a g body set up properly even with a v6 will conquer most straight line contests.

As far as the statement of old technology
Doing a little bit of research will prove that a g body set up properly even with a v6 will conquer most straight line contests.
Looking at the Gen5 camaro and Gen 6 Camaro Zl1 might demonstrate Differently. Same with Hellcat. Thanks said they are 60K

TO answer your question without going into alot of detail from top to bottom in the order I see it.
1.Driver visibility
2.Driver feedback
3.the ability to easily modify the car.
For sure G bodies are just nicer to drive. Easier to get in and out of and easier to see all around.

I love my cts v. Feels and looks like my GN with all the amenities and comfort of today.Plus the supercharger wine is nasty.

I've always liked the idea of the CTS V, great looks, horsepower, and handling.
Then I finally drove one. It was harder to get into and out of than my new wife's Toyota, that bummed me out. Then when I closed the door, I realized it doesn't have the side to side hip and leg room of her Camry because of that huge, wide console. She is petite but I'm 6' 205#.
Well, I thought, it's faster and will handle better anyway. Faster than the Camry S (her Camry is a sport model, with bigger tires, firmer suspension, more HP, paddle shifter, etc) yes, and it does handle better, but doesn't ride as quiet or as smooth as her Camry. Her Camry averages 31-34 mpg city and hiway mixed. Better than the CTS V, and cheaper to insure.
The biggest CTS V disappointment is that the caddy is also a unibody car, like the Camry, so it still has the road vibration and noise as the Camry.
OK, drive the Escalade, seats aren't as comfy as Camry, fuel mileage is much worse for both Caddys, and it is a unibody too!
Nothing rides as smooth, quiet, and feels as solid as a full frame car.
Drove home in the Camry, and bought the LED Lite Brite headliites, Axis MAF translator and tuner, and a nicer stereo system for the Turbo Coupe, a better exhaust, and tuner for the Camry. I'll add more goodies to both later.
To each, his own thing!
JMHO
TIMINATOR

I've always liked the idea of the CTS V, great looks, horsepower, and handling.
Then I finally drove one. It was harder to get into and out of than my new wife's Toyota, that bummed me out. Then when I closed the door, I realized it doesn't have the side to side hip and leg room of her Camry because of that huge, wide console. She is petite but I'm 6' 205#.
Well, I thought, it's faster and will handle better anyway. Faster than the Camry S (her Camry is a sport model, with bigger tires, firmer suspension, more HP, paddle shifter, etc) yes, and it does handle better, but doesn't ride as quiet or as smooth as her Camry. Her Camry averages 31-34 mpg city and hiway mixed. Better than the CTS V, and cheaper to insure.
The biggest CTS V disappointment is that the caddy is also a unibody car, like the Camry, so it still has the road vibration and noise as the Camry.
OK, drive the Escalade, seats aren't as comfy as Camry, fuel mileage is much worse for both Caddys, and it is a unibody too!
Nothing rides as smooth, quiet, and feels as solid as a full frame car.
Drove home in the Camry, and bought the LED Lite Brite headliites, Axis MAF translator and tuner, and a nicer stereo system for the Turbo Coupe, a better exhaust, and tuner for the Camry. I'll add more goodies to both later.
To each, his own thing!
JMHO
TIMINATOR
NO OFFENSE INTENDED!
You love your Caddy, but the unibody doesn't work for me, and the Camry has more room where I need it.
Keeping the Camry leaves me more cash to build up the Turbo Coupe!
TIMINATOR

A co-worker had a CTS V and it was pretty cool. He's a younger guy so he doesn't have issues of getting in and out of it us older guys have.

Then, he traded it to get an ATS V with a twin turbo six, Ricaro seats, all the beepers and buzzers...... That car is a BAD ASS, plain and simple. If I could afford to get one, I wouldn't hesitate for a minute.

He daily drives a Honda Fit, LOL.

Maybe you were in the coupe? That’s why I decided on the sedan. Plus I have the better Recaro’s

Drove 4 of them at a high end Phx dealer. Too much trouble getting in and out. Too much road noise and vibration for me.
I really liked my new (in 2000) Eldorado ESC, very quiet,smooth, active suspension, 2700 stall/lockup, firm shifts, full frame, I did 17" wheels, big 55 series tires, air box/intake mods, bigger exhaust, and tuner the 2nd day I had it. Ordered it with everything on it they had. The N2O kit with remote bottle valve came in a week later.
I kept it till 2011 and 128,000 miles, candy apple red, pinstripes, deck spoiler, phantom top, we be styling!
I still have a new 300 hp Northstar cratemotor I bought just after that, and the FAST computer to run it. It's been here since 2001, and I haven't gotten around to putting it in something yet. Without the smog computer, and with headers they make about 350HP. With the cam timing kit, they make about 385 or so. Stock lobe separation is 122 degrees, and the kit changes that to 110 degrees. It's also about 10.75 compression too.
Decisions, decisions, decisions, mebbie I'll find a nice Eldorado, and hot rod it! It won't be as fast as my Turbo Coupe, but it will be a fun daily driver!
TIMINATOR
P.S. Guy, I have zits older than you!

Drove 4 of them at a high end Phx dealer. Too much trouble getting in and out. Too much road noise and vibration for me.
I really liked my new (in 2000) Eldorado ESC, very quiet,smooth, active suspension, 2700 stall/lockup, firm shifts, full frame, I did 17" wheels, big 55 series tires, air box/intake mods, bigger exhaust, and tuner the 2nd day I had it. Ordered it with everything on it they had. The N2O kit with remote bottle valve came in a week later.
I kept it till 2011 and 128,000 miles, candy apple red, pinstripes, deck spoiler, phantom top, we be styling!
I still have a new 300 hp Northstar cratemotor I bought just after that, and the FAST computer to run it. It's been here since 2001, and I haven't gotten around to putting it in something yet. Without the smog computer, and with headers they make about 350HP. With the cam timing kit, they make about 385 or so. Stock lobe separation is 122 degrees, and the kit changes that to 110 degrees. It's also about 10.75 compression too.
Decisions, decisions, decisions, mebbie I'll find a nice Eldorado, and hot rod it! It won't be as fast as my Turbo Coupe, but it will be a fun daily driver!
TIMINATOR
P.S. Guy, I have zits older than you!
"P.S. Guy, I have zits older than you!"

On your ASS!!!!!!

LOL

"P.S. Guy, I have zits older than you!"

On your ASS!!!!!!

LOL
AND..........

Getting closer on my Turbo Coupe, waiting for the 3rd set of Cometics, then the engine can go in!
Did the Axios and MAF deal, LED stock appearing headlites, wideband O2, and thinking hard about an external wastegate/CO2 controller, bigger tires and widen the GNX wheels on it. I haven't gotten the rear package tray/seat brace, but that can go in anytime.
I should have it pretty much done in the next few weeks, and we can tune yours then. Mine has only been apart since Jan 16th. 2020! Damn parts supply.
TIMINATOR

I say have both. Was looking at a low mileage 2016 Z06 for 62.5 just before the damnpanic. White, grey interior, manual, 1500 miles, everything I want....I knew shoulda pulled the trigger, but our house wasn't put on the market and sold yet. Now same car around 80...DANG IT!....when there's a correction from the insane prices I will start looking again

AND..........

Getting closer on my Turbo Coupe, waiting for the 3rd set of Cometics, then the engine can go in!
Did the Axios and MAF deal, LED stock appearing headlites, wideband O2, and thinking hard about an external wastegate/CO2 controller, bigger tires and widen the GNX wheels on it. I haven't gotten the rear package tray/seat brace, but that can go in anytime.
I should have it pretty much done in the next few weeks, and we can tune yours then. Mine has only been apart since Jan 16th. 2020! Damn parts supply.
TIMINATOR

I'm looking forward to getting her tuned. I think you and many others will be surprised at what she has in her.

Left my buddies CTS V at the line at LVD in 2004, broke the rear first pass. :p
Woulda beat him anyway though... :)
I really liked the seats in it and it rode nice. :cool:
Every car has its' Achilles heel I guess, even that "new technology". ;)

Left my buddies CTS V at the line at LVD in 2004, broke the rear first pass. :p
Woulda beat him anyway though... :)
I really liked the seats in it and it rode nice. :cool:
Every car has its' Achilles heel I guess, even that "new technology". ;)

Geez Guy, if we get it running right who ya gonna get to drive it? Me thinks yer too old to handle it! LOL!
TIMINATOR