"Its Old Technology Bro" ...

Outside of better brakes, stereo i can't think of anything i would want to add, no wait.. A camera !! To catch the look on the new vette owners face when he got his ass handed to him by a 35yo brick... o_O

A GN with a modern suspension under it is a blast. I made the switch a couple years ago to a full Ridetech suspension which made the car much more fun to drive.

Rack & pinion steering and a more solid steering shaft. Not sure how much a rack & pinion would tighten things up, but just switching from the factory rag joint steering shaft to one out of an S-10 made a big difference. As many others have said, larger front brakes and rear disc brakes would be nice along with a lower center of gravity and suspension components to improve handling. The body could have been reinforced better with more bracing in the areas that needed it. Wonder what the TBs would have been like if they were of unibody construction...:unsure:

Heres what I was thinking, Address the geometry issue with ATS spindles, do a real coil over conversion on all four corners, Address the G body bump steer issue by fabricating rack mounts and putting in a powder rack. Update the torque boxes install a three link and a pan hard bar.
BIG brakes, Traction control, after market ECU for multiple tunes (dial a tune like the hellcat) some really neat and light sound deadening, a 14 inch in dash touch screen with navigation, I d have to research the wheel fitment with and without mini tubs.. but I probably want get ore rubber on the ground.

Heres what I was thinking, Address the geometry issue with ATS spindles, do a real coil over conversion on all four corners, Address the G body bump steer issue by fabricating rack mounts and putting in a powder rack. Update the torque boxes install a three link and a pan hard bar.
BIG brakes, Traction control, after market ECU for multiple tunes (dial a tune like the hellcat) some really neat and light sound deadening, a 14 inch in dash touch screen with navigation, I d have to research the wheel fitment with and without mini tubs.. but I probably want get ore rubber on the ground.
There is one similar for sale on evilbay for 95k I think...lots of vendors here that sell what you want.

Now days you gotta have 2 cars, a late model daily driver that depreciates daily, and an Old School that gains value daily and never gets old when it comes to style, comfort, class, and enjoyment

It does not matter
NO
You're wrong.
You said nothing relevant or on topic.. so I'll just ignore you
Dousche Nozzel.
Good for the fng!
He's standing up for himself!
Don't worry DN, most everyone here can take it, and dish it out, too! 😁
Just another thread in the TB zoo chronicles!
BTW..... Corvettes suck!😉

There is no comparison to an 87 Buick and a newer Vette. The reason you see a lot of older guys selling their Buicks and buying newer hot rods, for instance a Hellcat Redeye, is you get all of the goodie features plus 800hp on pump gas. You dont need to work on it, you put gas in it and go.

Buicks need work and maintenance if you can't work on them, you better have a good mechanic close by. The tech might be old but a 35 year old car will still mop the floor with most of the hot rods on the street. As for that tech argument, the turbos are so much better now, the ECMs do things they never did before, the heads make more power, the transmissions can be made reliable and the converters are so much better than they were 30 years ago. All are bolt on deals with a Buick or any other car.

I am one of those guys that want a killer in a straight line and in the corners. So I am in the middle of a Ridetech suspension, Baer brakes and 18 inch wheels and tires. I want my car to do both. And it won't cost me $100,000 or more to do it. I have more time than money, at least that is what I tell myself, and can do the work.

For me, I can sell all the Buick stuff and go buy a newer car with all of it ready to go. This all boils down the three things.

Age, time and money.

Ah yes! The "good ol days"...Local asshole had not 1, but 2 Vipers. One was supposedly a "GT" or some other meaningless tag.
He used to show up on Sunday mornings at the Dunkin store.
My bud and I were in the GN, & he makes a shitty remark to his friend, as to the rep of the Buick, stating the Viper was the "king of the road", or some such bullshit.
We waited til he left and followed him onto the 4 lane. Redlites every mile or so.:love:
Game over asshole. He didn't know what happened!
Some weeks later... Same scenario, only he has the "GT" or whatever.
It was really bad! Was a tail drag on the on ramp. Damn near ran over his ass.
Never saw the Vipers again.... Hopefully, he sold that junk and got a GN!

Modern tech. ain't takin' home the groceries that's for sure, I love my 18 cu. ft. trunk. :)
And in a 5 mph crash test the Buick will be unharmed due to that "old tech." HD. ram air bumpers. o_O
If you're a contractor you can fit a 6 ft. fiberglass step ladder in it too. :cool:
I wish my WE4 still looked that good at 50ft. ;)
WE4 and Viper.jpg

GENERALLY SPEAKING, hands on, love to tinker, and knowledable, enthusiasts love our turbo Buicks.
Sissy boy, never had their hands dirty, need to impress, don't know a screwdriver from a screwing, (like the one their gonna get from messing with an enthusiasts TB with their new sissy boy rides,) drive the new "electric snot wipe/ joy stick/keyboard/ mouse" operated $80,000 crap that nobody can work on and sports a sticker on the hood:
CAUTION! NO USER SERVICABLE PARTS INSIDE!
REFER ALL SERVICE ISSUES TO FACTORY TRAINED PERSONNEL!

We do this for US.
We know what we have.
We know that very few others have any idea of what we have done,
and don't care.
Until you f--k with us.....

TIMINATOR

I never said anything against Corvettes, my landlord has a garage full of them. '63 split window, (I painted) '64 fast back (purchased from my older brother) and a '16 427 Gran Sport.

Nothing wrong with a Corvette, if that's your style.

Welcome to TB.com.

And as Chuck says, we (I) have thick skin. Don't take what gets said here personally, until it gets personal. We are a fun bunch and shit talking is a good part of our banter. It mostly doesn't mean anything.

Is a TR the best car out there? Certainly not.

BUT, if one knows what a TR is, and lines up next to one, the guy in the other car will ALWAYS second guess himself. It will always be a formidable vehicle to come up against at a stop light.

That's why ya' never know, and that's the mystery and fun that surrounds these cars. And it's the best part of owning one.

If you buy a nice one, you won't be disappointed. But be ready to constantly maintain it, and be ready to NEVER be satisfied with the status quo......

Good luck in your quest.