"Its Old Technology Bro" ...

XlexusTech

Making the holiday calls and got my oldest friend on the phone. Told him I was looking to get into a Buick Turbo. His first thing was Get a Vett.
Followed by Its old tech. Which he is right about the car is 35 years old. SO my question what modern tech is lacking that you would want?
I can think of a few, traction control and better braking, Better suspension geometry maybe something with electronic boost control All of these can be addressed. What else would you want say if I were to look at a car form the 2025 + years

Cup Holders, anti-lock brakes, exploding Takata airbags in a big chunky steering wheel. :)
Get the Vette. :cool: ;)

Cup Holders, anti-lock brakes, exploding Takata airbags in a big chunky steering wheel. :)
Get the Vette. :cool: ;)
First person to at least answer the question.

ABS yeah would consider that, Actually the tall spindles from speed tech have the sensors..

Turbo Buick learning curve is often difficult to navigate.

Talented/knowledgeable builders/mechanics are few & far between.

Parts are limited & expensive.

I've noticed a trend with the local retired Hot Rod guys. They are selling their traditional Hot Rods & buying a Vette or other modern muscle car.

Isn’t that part of the charm? Lol

Modernizing the electronics is a huge improvement for the old cars. Fuel pressure safety, AFR safety, and overboost protection goes a really long way towards preventing a catastrophe

Most of the modern "upgrades" are creature comforts & safety features . Adaptive cruise control , lane departure , antilock brakes , park assist , tire pressure monitoring , rearview camera ( although good for watching who you just beat , if you could turn it on ) . I wouldn't want any of them on my Turbo Buick , I enjoy the experience and uniqueness of Buick Turbo V6 in a G body , nothing like it !!

Most of the modern "upgrades" are creature comforts & safety features . Adaptive cruise control , lane departure , antilock brakes , park assist , tire pressure monitoring , rearview camera ( although good for watching who you just beat , if you could turn it on ) . I wouldn't want any of them on my Turbo Buick , I enjoy the experience and uniqueness of Buick Turbo V6 in a G body , nothing like it !!

If I want to drive a new camaro I'll drive a new camaro. If I want to drive my chevelle I'll drive my chevelle not a chevelle made into a new camaro. I like 4 wheel drums, no power steering, leg building clutches...you know real man cars. To the OP, like I said to each his own but I would keep after that 87 you're looking for...but that's me I'm a little biased towards TB's.

An elephant was walking through the jungle one day when suddenly he fell into a hole. "Help!" he yelled. A mouse heard his cry for help and came running. When the mouse finally made it to the elephant, the elephant said, "Please Mr. Mouse, if you save me I'll be your best friend forever." The mouse agreed, and told the elephant to wait just a second. The mouse came back in his corvette, tied a rope around the elephant, and pulled him out.

A few days later the mouse was walking through the jungle when all of a sudden, he fell into a hole. The mouse yelled for help, and soon that same elephant that he had saved just a few days earlier came to the rescue. The mouse said to the elephant, "Remember me? I'm that same mouse that saved you from a hole. Could you please help me?" The elephant agreed to help him. The elephant did not have a corvette so he just dropped his penis down in the hole. The mouse climbed up the elephant's penis and was safe.

The moral of a story, if you have a big dick, or a Turbo Regal, that is just as powerful, you don't need a corvette.

Put a manual transmission in either one and anyone born after 2000 won't know how to drive it, so.........

Making the holiday calls and got my oldest friend on the phone. Told him I was looking to get into a Buick Turbo. His first thing was Get a Vett.
Followed by Its old tech. Which he is right about the car is 35 years old. SO my question what modern tech is lacking that you would want?
I can think of a few, traction control and better braking, Better suspension geometry maybe something with electronic boost control All of these can be addressed. What else would you want say if I were to look at a car form the 2025 + years

What does your friends opinion mean, anyway?

Will he be driving it?

I HIGHLY doubt it, he has NO idea what a kick in the ass a good running TR can be.....and he's a misinformed dousche nozzle. :)

There, I said it.

Well you're on a turbo regal site asking if you should buy a corvette. That's about the equivalent of being on the view and asking if you should vote for Trump.
I did not ask if I should buy a vette not even close I challenge you to quote me asking that.. .. I asked specifically .. what modern technology would you add to you turbo Regal.
"SO my question what modern tech is lacking that you would want?" This is a question specifically relevant for a turbo regal. Which is why I asked it here..

What does your friends opinion mean, anyway?

Will he be driving it?

I HIGHLY doubt it, he has NO idea what a kick in the ass a good running TR can be.....and he's a misinformed dousche nozzle. :)

There, I said it
It does not matter
NO
You're wrong.
You said nothing relevant or on topic.. so I'll just ignore you
Dousche Nozzel.

I did not ask if I should buy a vette not even close I challenge you to quote me asking that.. .. I asked specifically .. what modern technology would you add to you turbo Regal.
"SO my question what modern tech is lacking that you would want?" This is a question specifically relevant for a turbo regal. Which is why I asked it here..
You asked about buying a 20 to 25 year old car so I assumed you meant a vette. But that aside, the search function will reap everything you need to know about what is needed to make these cars more reliable and more fun to drive. On a positive note chastising members on here will drive up post count, that helps also.

Put a manual transmission in either one and anyone born after 2000 won't know how to drive it, so.........
Hey! I was 2004 and I daily drive a 5 speed stick:eek:

I drive my Buick every day in the summer. I have a high option car so I have all power everything. Windows, seats, moonroof, cruise control, everything. The only thing I would add to it would be ABS, and a rear sway bar. I kept up with my buddies camaro ss blasting around back roads. And destroy all the 5.0 mustangs and hellkittys at the woodward dream cruise. They’re great fun cars if they’re done right.. without all the electric gizmos too…

Last edited: