Is this a good deal?

Show them a picture of Lou's Buick?

Lou ain't got no Buick these days, he's a Mopar and VW man now........ :D

He does, however have a few T/R's in his shop, on any given day, and he will still build the BEST Turbo Buick YOU will ever drive. I can say that with absolute confidence, sport.;)

Last edited:
I was joking to an extent :sneaky:..but they do go by what ever you put on the BOS and title.. and DMV requires their form ...here in floordugh...IIRC...also require a vin verification on antiques by policeman..or DMV worker...anything 30 yr older consider antique ...

You're an antique! :LOL:
I'm a collectible! :p

And I fart dust......

None-the-less, Lou is the BEST.

Snowflakes need not apply.......Might not want to even bother unless you have some very tough skin, but like I said.....

Maybe we're not thinking of the same Lou. Lou Ethel? :oops:

Do you know the car ie; driven in it? How does he talk about it? If he's swearing at it and unhappy then it may be a problem child that he just wants to unload. On the other hand if it is just tired of it or needs to get rid of it then 15 is very fair. Just be aware that you could be in for some expensive maintenance in the near future. Get the full history on what's been done to the car for sure.

Do you know the car ie; driven in it? How does he talk about it? If he's swearing at it and unhappy then it may be a problem child that he just wants to unload. On the other hand if it is just tired of it or needs to get rid of it then 15 is very fair. Just be aware that you could be in for some expensive maintenance in the near future. Get the full history on what's been done to the car for sure.
I'm going to go see it when it's all clear

For $15 K, it better be real nice and not need much. That said, an all stock 90,000 mi car will need plenty of $ thrown at it to be reliable.

There are completely done cars with the appropriate mods that aren't selling in that price range.

That's a fair price around here for one is decent shape.

He said it had “decent” interior. Tells me it needs work.

No mention of a recent paint job. Likely not great.

Add in reliability mods, sounds like $ invested just went north of $25 K.

We need pics and details.

I bought mine for 10 and will have over 25 in it by the time I'm satisfied. I don't see the issue. Any classic you own is going to cost at least that by the time you're done (for now). I don't look at it as investment, it's my hobby.

I bought mine for 10 and will have over 25 in it by the time I'm satisfied. I don't see the issue. Any classic you own is going to cost at least that by the time you're done (for now). I don't look at it as investment, it's my hobby.

Ok, but you probably knew that going in. As long as he's of the same mind-set and prepared to keep spending...…..