is there anyway to wire a led so when a fues blows it will light

aze12677

is there anyway to wire a led so when a fues blows it will light i would like to put it on my fan fues

Yes. You will need to use a relay. One side of your fuse is hot the other goes to the fan. Simply use a test light or multimeter. Test what is hot with the fuse out.

On the fan side you will connect that to #85.
Ground to #86.
12vdc to #30.
On the (+) side of the led goes to #87 or 87a I can't remember. Whichever is the normally closed circuit.
The (-) side of the led goes to Ground as well.

Hope this is not confusing. If you look at a relay diagram it will help explain it.
The diagram will be in the relay itself.

Good Luck.

Joe

Fuse

Forgot what brand but I've bought fuses at Autozone that actually have a light in the center that goes on when the fuse blows. Little more expensive but you know which one bit the dust.

if youre wanting to mount a led in a visible location, heres how;

note..leds are 3-6 volt lights(depending on color), so make sure you buy a led designed for 12 volts (has a resister already installed)leds have a pos and neg terminal,test with a 9 volt batery,a led will only work wired one way unlike a glass type bulb.

1)hook positive side of led to a constant (battery)source fused at 1 amp.

2) hook the neg side of led to the power "in" side of the fan(s) relay(large red wire,not the small trigger wires)or you can pull the oem fuse,see which side DOES NOT have power when fuse is out,and connect to that side..

thats it, if the fuse blows for the fan relay, ground will "feed" back through the fan(s) when the relay closes ,energizing the led.

Why are you so concerned about blowing fuses to the fan? Does it happen a lot? Maybe a deeper problem to investigate? Mine has never blown with Dual fans??

Why are you so concerned about blowing fuses to the fan? because it just did and car over heated and i nead a new head gasket so i want to put a led right in my face so if the fuse blows i will know right away so that a $1 fuse don't cost my a 1,000 for head gasket and the best part is i just put duel fans(g-bodyparts Buick Dual Fans With Caspers Hi-low Fan Relays) so that the car does not get hot