Is there any damage at the track?

Just a bit of a drainage issue....
15708_1269134733158_1373545622_3062.jpg

Considering the track is below the point where that picture was taken and the pits look flooded too, Id hate to see how much water is covering the track.

I dont see any way theyre going to have this race next week. Hope they have a contingency plan. Some parts of the track have to be under 5+ feet of water.

Wow, that's awful! Water might drain down pretty quick but the damage it caused will take a while to take care of.

Lebanon Valley Dragway in NY had the same thing happen last year. This looks much worse. Only good thing about this is it didn't happen DURING the event.:eek:

Damage? Hmmmm let's see. Looks like more than 15' of water out there.

Attachments

• BG_2486 - Copy.jpg
    BG_2486 - Copy.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,023
  • BG_2524 - Copy.jpg
    BG_2524 - Copy.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 890
Having been there before when the track was a sloppy mess, I dont envy the people going to this event. I remember back in 2000 it rained like crazy and they brought out hay to put down in the vendors tents and that was just from rain.

Considering the damage this much water had to have done, I just dont see how theyre going to put on an event of the magnitude of the Nationals at this facility.

Noooooooooo

i have not been to BG in 10 years(always went in the 90's) i was planning on going and now this!!!!!!!

I remember back in 2000 it rained like crazy and they brought out hay to put down in the vendors tents and that was just from rain.
And the track officials apparently insisted that the Hay delivery guy had to pay to get in. Just ask Mike Licht, he paid for it!

Wow that is DEEP! I have been under that shelter a few times and it is one of the higher spots:eek:

Has the water crest yet?

How is the town?

After living through "the flood of the century" I feel do bad for this place and the people...

The rain may not be done there either. Its supposed to rain a bunch more at the end of the week. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow , incredible pics , I had actually planned to go :confused:. My thought's go out to all the people living in the area , being a hurricane Andrew survivor myself.

Umm..those pictures are insane and everyone can forget about racing there next week. That is going to be a long clean up process. Everyone should be looking at plan b or rescheduling. What does the track owner/staff say?

I heard the bathrooms & concession stand floated away :eek:i've been attending since 1991 with the exception of a couple recent year's , was really looking foward to the 30th aniversary , this is really bad.