Is the GN losing respect?

Nobody isn't saying that they aren't respected, but the corporate print mags don't see them as huge sellers on the newsstands. I fought that opposition long at hard while at GMHTP, but it's the simple truth. Once a platform for car guys to get car guy info, over the last several decades car magazines (particularly print) use their platform to help advertisers connect with the current breed of hobbyists. With only so many pages to fulfill that need, they merely focus on the bigger money makers, although they like to throw a bone to the throwback guys like yourselves... just to keep you engaged and renewing your subscriptions.

People love Turbo Buicks, sure, but putting them on the cover and doing endless tech stories and features on them isn't going to help Holley sell new LT1 intake manifolds. It's all about what's the latest and greatest in the hobby; what's hot, what's new, etc. Turbo Buicks were all over the car mags through the mid-to-late '90s, but as technology and thus, performance, continued to improve in the more mainstream performance cars the TR's became less and less relevant in the modern world of hot-rodding.

As I've mentioned earlier, you'll see fragments of renewed interest here and there as restoration and modern suspension/brake companies begin to offer components (largely due to LS-swapped G-bodies as a whole, but partly because of age). They're also caught in that weird period where they're too new to be lumped in with the GTOs and Chevelles of the '60s, but far too old to be in the same category of today's 5th- and 6th-gen Camaros. GMHTP was the only print mag that they truly fit into, and we all know what happened there...

GM EFI Magazine is the only place to see anything related to Turbo Buicks in today's world, on a regular basis.

Who cares what the magazines say or don't say. Anytime I put gas in the Buick someone comes over asking questions. One day on the tollway some dude in a truck sped up right next to me just to give me the thumbs up...that's respect IMO.

There is a local cruise / GTG here in the DFW area once a month or so there are a lot of Imports, Mustangs, Camaros, Mopars etc. mostly later model cars even some exotics show up. They do give preferred parking to the exotics and the real nice cars. When the GN pulls in you would think it was a 300K Ford GT, They don't see many of them and there still is the mystical presence of the all black sinister looking GN. You get to park right up front.

Also the Cars and Coffee GTG's that are all over the country now, a friend of mind took his GN to one but arrived late he was several cars back in line to get in, he noticed that the cars ahead of him were being turned away a Mustang, a couple of a Camaro's even a 70's Vette was turned away. He gets to the entrance and the guy is slobering over the GN, he said I remember these back in the day cool car. My buddy said I know I'm late so I guess ya'll are full? He said yeah we have a few spaces com'on in and opened the gate to let him in. He said you know if I had been driving my Vette I don't think I would have gotten in.