Is my power master done

jlat

Hello people: While driving yesterday my brake light came on and by the time I got home the pedal felt as there was a break in the line. It didn't stop very well. I looked for a break in the lines (no lift) and found nothing. Now the PM is very noisy especially at the lower area where the larger plug is. Any advise? Do you think it's gone?
IBB

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Hello people: While driving yesterday my brake light came on and by the time I got home the pedal felt as there was a break in the line. It didn't stop very well. I looked for a break in the lines (no lift) and found nothing. Now the PM is very noisy especially at the lower area where the larger plug is. Any advise? Do you think it's gone?
IBB
Probably accumulator or switch.

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Haven't seen a vendor here selling new Accumulator Balls in some time. Maybe I'm wrong.

Where is your link?

jlat

Hello people: I order one thru Kirban last night and nothing was said if it's in stock?
I forget what brake fluid was used but what are you's using?
IBBY

KC87

Hello people: I order one thru Kirban last night and nothing was said if it's in stock?
I forget what brake fluid was used but what are you's using?
IBBY
Every time I've ordered from them the lady tells me if the item is in stock or not. Never a problem with them, good people.
Have always used plain ole Dot-3.

jlat

Hello people: I went thru my records and my PM was replaced in 09. Today I spent part of the day trying to get my brake fluid to be clear. It looked like crap. I flushed over 2 qts. of Dot 3 and maybe one more time before I put the new ball on. I had the old style ball the one with a nut like close to the PM. I'll be back.
IBBY

jlat

Hello people: I got my new ball today and it did not fix my issue and it's funny that it looks the same as old less sticker
and I got that in 0
9. My PM Moter does not shut downe and now it won't depresurise. Now if the switch is the problem what is that simpton? Any other words would be appreciated.
IBBY

earlbrown

runs with scissors
I see you changed you user name. I wonder is still signing your posts is the reason you got that bad advice about the (expensive) accumulator ball?

Changing the ball worked for me I had a flickering brake light and soft pedal.My motor was not constantly running.I changed out my switch as well because it was leaking.

johnnycasx

I’m changing out my power master once I get my calipers for my blazer swap. Got a vacuum swap almost ready