Is CK Performance still around?

I'm planning on building a 200-4R for a monte I just bought, and one of the names I've been seeing pop up a lot is CK Performance but I can't gather any concrete evidence of Chris still being in business.

If he isn't, could someone suggest a builder that deals with 200-4R hard parts? I've heard stories about the input drums being wildly inconsistent and I don't feel like trying my luck.

I hear you, the person asked a question and I responded. I never had to follow up with him for any reason so I wouldn't know. I definitely agree with dealing with a reputable person. Have a nice day!

Better hope you don't need anything from him... He will duck you and not take care of business... Do yourself a favor and deal with a vendor from the board that actually seems to give a damn about the community.....
Really in the market for a Rollerized Center Support, and he was the only one I could find that made them (and someone who had a half organized website).

I also seemed to get that vibe from some of the posts I've seen here, with a couple people just going absolutely off on him.

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
I don’t have David Husek’s transmission yet but I will tell you that I called him about 3 times and he always had time for me to discuss tranny options and even other mechanical issues. He even kind of talked me out of an upgraded trans, standard +. He said the standard would be sufficient. Of course I will get the standard + because I believe in a little overkill. He has been involved in TurboRegals from the ground up and he doesn’t talk crap about any of his competition (at least never to me). I do not know him personally but he does seem like a humble, quiet guy.
I also can’t recall one post on this board that ever had a negative comment about him.

gusszgs

Dave Husek was a HUGE help to me. I built my trans myself and he guided me every bit of the way and supplied me with everything I needed to build a great shifting trans. Answered the phone EVERY time I called with a dumbazz question too!

Nice to know, I just pulled my brf trans out, broken band i think. Bill be rebuilding myself, and have been banging my head off the wall to decide where to get my parts.

Already have a CK shift kit in it, with his servo, but currently using a 200c servo.

SS/GN

First I don't want this post to be in any way a deterrent from the other vendors mentioned because they are all very good. I do have a problem with how easy this group over here bashes someone and they have never even dealt with a certain individual. Some vendor will have an issue with an individual and he gets dragged through the mud by everyone.
This is just my opinion. I have bought parts, talked to Chris and received friendly service and advice. His parts worked well and showed up on time. His book is a good read and has some dated and some very good info for a novice builder. Sometimes he was hard to get a hold of but he does have a business to run and many more people and other headaches to deal with than just myself. This community is not growing and they are not making more of these cars, I just think we should look after the ones that still make products for us. Boy am I going to take heat n this :rolleyes:

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
My experience, call order parts, get the cc bill long before the parts, parts show up missing components.

Been in several of his units, most high dollar units , but basically stock rebuilds.

If I treated my customers that way I would would be out of business and back at the dealership.

1952ray

Scrambled Dog
First I don't want this post to be in any way a deterrent from the other vendors mentioned because they are all very good. I do have a problem with how easy this group over here bashes someone and they have never even dealt with a certain individual. Some vendor will have an issue with an individual and he gets dragged through the mud by everyone.
This is just my opinion. I have bought parts, talked to Chris and received friendly service and advice. His parts worked well and showed up on time. His book is a good read and has some dated and some very good info for a novice builder. Sometimes he was hard to get a hold of but he does have a business to run and many more people and other headaches to deal with than just myself. This community is not growing and they are not making more of these cars, I just think we should look after the ones that still make products for us. Boy am I going to take heat n this :rolleyes:
I will NOT give you any heat what’s so ever, I guess you did get good service and things did work out for you. All I’ll say is I did get hung out to dry. But hey that’s my problem, and I didn’t post anything bad. It’s the way of the world. Good times/bad times.