Is anyone using this alternator?

dinyelljarasa

Wondering to see if anyone ran into any problems with it in terms of fitment or overall quality. Looking to pull the trigger soon. My stock alternator just died .

https://www.jegs.com/i/Tuff-Stuff/908/7127NKB6G/10002/-1

1547699961978.png

I run the polished one. No issues

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Just go to autozone and get a alternator for a lt1 caprice . It’s 140amp like $100 and you get a lifetime warranty which is nice if you have any problems just swap it out .i have ran one for years now with no issue

That doesn't look like the right alternator.
That is the same one I was telling you to get from autozone . It isn’t going to be the same exact alt because it is for a different car . but it will bolt right in place with no issues and it’s 140amp instead of the stock 120amp .

That is the same one I was telling you to get from autozone . It isn’t going to be the same exact alt because it is for a different car . but it will bolt right in place with no issues and it’s 140amp instead of the stock 120amp .

No, not me. But are you sure this is a correct alternator? The section where the alternator halves separates is much narrower than any alternator I've seen for our cars. Now, granted it might fit. But again, doesn't look like any original TR alternator I've seen.

Oh, the Caprice alternator. That's not the one pictured above in the OP. The one pictured in the OP is what I was talking about when I said it didn't look correct. The alternator I suggested as a possible replacement, above, is the same as the Caprice unit you are suggesting.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ALTERNATOR...h=item4d250bbc62:g:fIkAAOSw-RFagfd0:rk:2:pf:0

Picture 598.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot remember. In the $300 range. It's ISCA Show Quality Chrome.

That's not bad. I tried to buy a chrome Powermaster brand alternator from Summit. It was over $400 at the time. I had to send two of them back because I didn't think the chroming quality was worth the money.

I actually went to Summit and hand picked this one. My cousin is an employee and he sent down like 3-4 to look at. I picked one out and then drove 30 mins to Lorenz Racing, where the car was, and installed it.

I actually went to Summit and hand picked this one. My cousin is an employee and he sent down like 3-4 to look at. I picked one out and then drove 30 mins to Lorenz Racing, where the car was, and installed it.

Well, that's an advantage I wish I could have taken advantage of.
yup.gif

After I was unable to get a nice chrome unit, I covered my SS 140 amp alternator with mirror finish stainless. Saved a ton!

Picture 621.jpg