is anyone familiar with the walbro 450lph single pump ?

Nick, have you seen where these pumps max out on E85?

Mike, we have not really maxed them out on e-85, but we have seen 500+ RWHP.

The issues we see the most with fuel pumps are with the wiring, both in the sending unit and also not using a proper ground wire or path back to the battery, so the pump will then not provide enough output?

Pump output is usually rated at 13.5 volts, and we run ours at 14+ plus volts to 17 volts depending on the car and use.

We have installed many 450 pumps and they do work with stock lines.
Not arguing against you but I couldnt get my fuel pressure below 60psi at idle with this pump, stock lines and an accufab regulator (i was told by the vendor that it would work fine with stock lines). Had to swap it out with a smaller one. On the plus side the pump was . extremely quiet (compared to my old 255) which was nice.

Not arguing against you but I couldnt get my fuel pressure below 60psi at idle with this pump, stock lines and an accufab regulator (i was told by the vendor that it would work fine with stock lines). ...............

That can happen, all stock line are not made perfect especially the small 1/4" return line?

We run most e-85 cars at 50-55 psi, and one street car was set at 60 psi base pressure. Many cars have issues at 44-45 psi and some gas cars too?

Nick, do you use volt boosters and which one?

Thanks

Casper's volt booster, a diode in the alt exciter wire, or in my race car, a Boost-a-Pump set at 17 volts at 10 psi boost.

One friend ran 9.90 on pump gas and alky injection with a single DW 300 fuel pump in his GN with a Boost-a-Pump!

.......... I heard that there are a few necessary mods to the return side that need to be done...

That can be true in some cases?

My approach is to install the pump, and if the pressure cannot be controlled properly or is too high, then do the rather easy mod to use the larger 5/16" vent line for the fuel return line.

There are a couple methods to make this change if needed.

That can be true in some cases?

My approach is to install the pump, and if the pressure cannot be controlled properly or is too high, then do the rather easy mod to use the larger 5/16" vent line for the fuel return line.

There are a couple methods to make this change if needed.
Sounds like a good idea!....