Irwindale raceway results

OK, what happened to the Lou & Mike rematch? Lou's probably poring over the "Honest Charley's" or J. C. Whitney's Speed Catalogue for racing parts.

Waiting to get a confirmation from the Plymouth guy. :rolleyes:
I think he's waiting for his Vin Diesel autographed, carbon fiber NOS bottles to show up before he commits to any more beatings from the Dark Side...:D

Wow, a lot of smack talking going on since I last checked this thread.........

I'll chime in,.....

Gary, I'm ready, anytime.... :)

Lou, are YOU ready? After all, you built my machine, (with now close to 650-700 passes on it):D

Mike, I'm pretty sure this would be a driver's race, as Lou built both cars and you would definitely hold the advantage here, but there is always that "flashing the converter" thing that will win or lose a race out of the hole...... ;)

Your guys track is closing...:cry:

Bring your junk on out here to AZ in February or March.

We can have an early day (8-2:30) of 2 prepped lanes, private track rental, no holds barred, full 1/4 mile of measuring D***'s....

The gauntlet has now been laid down fella's. Bring it.

Jus' sayin'.......

Of course, Just like Bowling Green, I'll need your help tuning there at the track to make sure I run good...... :D:D:D

Let's go, guys!

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
Last edited:
As those of you with a Turbo Buick Gold Account know, Big Chief and I are friends and he told me last night he loses sleep over having to race Fool. He said "URLUNCH" would have "CROW" hanging out of his mouth :eek:.

However he did say "DUNGBEATLE" wants a shot at "TEAM SHEEP SHAGGAR" and his current day Plymouth Belvedere :D

They even found a sponsor for that race, Geritol and Depends will put up a life time supply to the first person that redlights.

Ahh Bench Racing to continue ...................... (y)

Wow, a lot of smack talking going on since I last checked this thread.........

I'll chime in,.....

Gary, I'm ready, anytime.... :)

Lou, are YOU ready? After all, you built my machine, (with now close to 650-700 passes on it):D

Mike, I'm pretty sure this would be a driver's race, as Lou built both cars and you would definitely hold the advantage here, but there is always that "flashing the converter" thing that will win or lose a race out of the hole...... ;)

Your guys track is closing...:cry:

Bring your junk on out here to AZ in February or March.

We can have an early day (8-2:30) of 2 prepped lanes, private track rental, no holds barred, full 1/4 mile of measuring D***'s....

The gauntlet has now been laid down fella's. Bring it.

Jus' sayin'.......

Of course, Just like Bowling Green, I'll need your help tuning there at the track to make sure I run good...... :D:D:D

Let's go, guys!

Guy:
As previously stated several times before my racing days are over. I don't even play on the streets anymore. I'm virtually blind in my dominant eye.

...the last time the 405 was in Tucson, Turbo Dave Welker from Phoenix, in his TTA inspired, Buick Stage 2 V6, (nucnova here on the board) handed Daddy Dave his ass. :)

Looks like Daddy Dave went up in smoke. A li'l V-6 spankin'!

Doesn't matter how much power you have available if it won't stick.

Looks like Daddy Dave went up in smoke. A li'l V-6 spankin'!

Doesn't matter how much power you have available if it won't stick.

A win is a win, ain't that what those 405 guys like to say?

You sure as shit won't see that losing effort shown on Street Outlaws........ because the 405 is the fastest in the nation,,,,,,,,,, right? Yup, they are........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did you see the episode where the El Camino won against the big blower Pro-Mod type car?

Another instance of huge power blowing the tires & losing to a car with less.

Is this the last day? I'm skydiving tomorrow. They already threw me out once in the last month. Not sure if they'd let me in again. I'm going to go check out Barrona in the next few weeks.

Is this the last day? I'm skydiving tomorrow. They already threw me out once in the last month. Not sure if they'd let me in again. I'm going to go check out Barrona in the next few weeks.

Mike, if it's the last day, really, what do you/they have to lose? :D

Run it out the back door!

Dam I would be down but need some new slicks . Hopefully I’ll be acquiring a set real soon.

I just ordered a new set.

I'll be giving my old ones a proper send off (And pissing off the ONE bitchy neighbor we have, you know, the one who just doesn't get it?) on the back street of the house this weekend.

I'll post video..... maybe it will include her waddling up the street, shaking her fist in the air, screaming "You young hooligans know we don't allow any of that "drag racing" on our street! Scofflaws!!!!!!!!" :D:D:D:D:D

Then she complains to the Detective that lives next to her............ He giggles his ass off...... Loves the car.....:)

Last edited:
Mike, if it's the last day, really, what do you/they have to lose? :D

Run it out the back door!

I just did that. This time they may not even let me run. I hadn't been thrown out of there in a few years. Last time, I spun and got in one run. With a good tune, I suspect my car should be in the 6.40s If we can do Barrona or a private track rental, we can get in lots of runs. ;)

I just did that. This time they may not even let me run. I hadn't been thrown out of there in a few years. Last time, I spun and got in one run. With a good tune, I suspect my car should be in the 6.40s If we can do Barrona or a private track rental, we can get in lots of runs. ;)

There will positively be 2 private track rentals In Tucson, AZ , one in Feb, one in March. Those are in concrete already. One on a Saturday, one on a Sunday. You and your beautiful GN won't get asked to leave, I can assure you.

C'mon out to Phoenix, both you and "Leave Early Lou" can stay at the house and prep your cars in the garage. Tucson is a mere 1.5 hour drive.

2 prepped lanes from 8 until 3. Great track, nice people, maybe 25-30 cars, lots of fun.

What are you 2 guys waiting for?????

I would like to go guy.. is this joes deal?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk