Irwindale raceway results

But let me hi-jack this thread just long enough to talk about some real early day street storming Mopars and an early Mopar guy. In about late '60's early '70's I found myself living in BFE Wyoming & in a 6K population rural town the street scene was where it was at. I bought a '67 GTO from a local kid in town. Blew the motor 1 day going to work which was a 2.5 hr drive. parked it on the side of the highway. It got stolen. I needed another street car. I flew to Denver & bought the most beautiful car that I have ever owned. A '69 Plymouth GTX, hdtp, 440, 727, console, posi rear, full power, white on white, 31K miles, highback white front seats out of a wrecked '71 Challenger. I later traded it for a '70 Dodge Challenger TA, 340 six-pak, 25K miles. Fastest small block I've ever been in. Sold it & moved back to L.A. & came across a '68 Hemi GTX. Later sold it& bought a '71 Boss 351 Stang. I'm actually a Ex Mopar lover in disguise.
We all have our issues Gary its ok

Hey, goatman,
Claims are ALWAYS backed up w/ proof. Just like claiming you dated Marilyn Monroe. No pics, it didn't happen! A video, pics of time slips, w/ VERIFICATION that you didn't use someone else's slip, mandatory.

The "minions" are thinking he left early, not because of a "senior moment", but the thot that there just might be a goat grazing in the shutdown area....:D

Speaking of goatman.........

I've heard there is a movement out there involving Lou.......

#MeTooButILikedIt,Bahaaaaa

Last edited:
That Corvette while pretty powerful was never intended to be drag raced but I wasn’t going to back down either . This hellcat would give the coop a run for it’s money that I guarantee you

The Hellcat I killed 3 times (twice form a dig and once from a roll) on Antonio one night, thought it was gonna give the coup a run for it's money too....
It looked cute in my rear view mirror... ;-)

Now, I'm thinking that we need a Gary Wells / Turbo T Guy grudge race.

Also, I have driven both Lou's Hellcat and Gary's Hennessey Cad V at full throttle. My guess would be that they'd be with in a tenth of each other.
Using the Wallace Racing conversion calculator, Lou's 7.10 run against me would pan out to a 11.18 in the quarter mile. http://www.wallaceracing.com/8th-quarter-conversion.php I suspect that it would actually do a bit better, as it's a heavy car and should pull hard on the top end.

I did 11.14 in the video in my sig.
That was on my old motor before snapping the crank and about 100HP short of the stroker in it now.
I win the bench race!
Woohoo!!!!
Still registering kills!!!!

Turbolou: Did you sell Mike a wristwatch or timepiece, or something like that?
He mentioned something today about cleaning your clock?
Gary don't believe spoolfools bullshit , He was sucking my exaust while admireing my tail lights :p

Gary don't believe spoolfools bullshit , He was sucking my exaust while admireing my tail lights :p

Unfortunately, I didn't get long very long to check out the tail lights, as I blew past them rather quickly. ;)

Unfortunately, I didn't get long very long to check out the tail lights, as I blew past them rather quickly. ;)
More fake news, I was ahead of your antique all the way you had to be blind not to have appreciated my tail lights

Ok, Ok, enough is enough. As Grumpy would say from the good old T6P days, now your like 2 dogs barking at each other with a fence between you, but when somebody opens the gate the barking stops and your best friends! ( Except Lou , where would we find a bald dog :eek:.)

Much like Big Chief would do, I am calling for a rematch and a NEW thread posted so we can talk smack and bench race ALL winter in anticipation of the Sheep / Spool Showdown 2018!:D

Last edited:
That's an outstanding plan Ty.
Unfortunately, this track is closing for good this month and they will not let me back in as I ran too fast (6 second car).
Fortunately for Lou, he ONLY has a 7 second car and is still allowed to run there until they close.

In short, I accept this re-challenge, but we'll need to find another track.

Please have Lou fully explain the rules to which we will be sticking to.

I've always been under the impression that if you red light you lose anyway. Is there some kind of senior citizen reaction time offset I don't know about? ;) I need to know these things since my AARP card will be on its way soon. :eek:

Neal

OK fool if you would of dialed in 6.95 & me at 7.10 I still would of smoked your ass. I red lighted on purpose to make things more fair. Your car isn't that much faster to be talking shit. In fact I would be embarrassed you out weigh me by a 1000 pounds & have a fully modded race car mine is stock. You can take this to the hellcat forum & hassle them you won't get away with it with me. If fact if Irwindale was not closing I would show you some shit . All i need is to raise the boost in my car from 10 to 14 # & do a tune you would be as you say lunch. :p

I payed $9300.00 for my thirty year old black brick. How much did you pay for all that new cutting edge technology? :rolleyes:

Here's the rematch place. http://www.baronadrags.com/

We'll give it a few weeks. That'll give you time to go order some pulleys, driveshaft, NOS bottle and a rule book. ;)

Where in the hell is the "Smaller upper pulley", "bigger lower pulley" & "secret tune" Lou?
Lou, you don't need to do all that. Just wanna remember to release your "E" brake.
Just kidding, Lou, but I think that Mike will have you covered like a cheap Italian suit.

Last edited:
I've always been under the impression that if you red light you lose anyway. Is there some kind of senior citizen reaction time offset I don't know about? ;) I need to know these things since my AARP card will be on its way soon. :eek:

Neal
Neal, you own a hellcat & should be defending me against these lower life forms & their oil leaking museum relics.

Neal, you own a hellcat & should be defending me against these lower life forms & their oil leaking museum relics.

Neal understands.

In many parts of the World cat is a delicacy. It wasn't until Dodge opened up this buffet for muscle cars to feast on in the Western World, did we hear about it here.

WARNING: May be too disturbing for Hellcat owners.:wideyed:

Last edited:
OK, what happened to the Lou & Mike rematch? Lou's probably poring over the "Honest Charley's" or J. C. Whitney's Speed Catalogue for racing parts.

Last edited: