Iowa Turbo Buicks

IATurboBuick

Hello All. Well I used to read this borad about 5 years ago I believe. Anyway i am on my 3rd Turbo regal.
1st Grand National-- bought this car in richmand Virginia from a serious turbo regal collector. It was actually Powahatan, VA. I would love to talk to that guy again. anyway got an 86 t-top car 65K digital dash and climate control. MINT. the front end was knocked off it and I bought it with a clip from this guy, put the clip on and sold the car because I wanted to keep my monte SS Aerocoupe. that was dumb.

Then I bought an 87 GN with 80K. very fast car, got it out of Kansas City. had tourque thrust 2 wheels, nice piece clean car. Sold it after College because i couldn't afford the heat bill let alone the GN payment. that car gopt sold to Sioux City Area. would like to find that guy too.

And here we are now.
Bought an 87 Turbo T. i like the white /blackout look and I hate and don't miss the black paint on the GN's. This car has high miles but some really nice engine upgrades, runs very well, rust free and a clean interior. i have some minor "fix me ups" but i tell ya what, I bought it to DRIVE it.

yeah believe it or not i bought the turbo buick to drive!!!! HAHA I figured hey get one that won't make you feel bad putting miles on it. so thats what I did. I feel i got the perfect car. it needs a paint job, but hey I tell ya what, I have never had or seen a buick that didn't need paint. lol.

in 2 short weeks i have put vaccum brakes on, resurected my t wheels (now i love them)thanks to some guys help on this site, put a window motor in (never again) and have parts coming from
Kirban
Some tranny dude in California who was cool
and some other guy i met with center caps on this site.

thanks already, should be an enjoyable ride.

Brett
2970_183160045396_877835396_6446628_3570641_n.jpg

Saturday August 22, 2009 for Shelter #3.

Shelter #3 has:
Large stone pavillion close to the lake with shade on either side
13 large heavy tables/8 seats per table = 104 seats at one time
Large charcoal grill
7 Electric outlets (3 duplex + 1 single)
Volleyball court
Horseshoe pits
A short walk to the water
Large circle parking with parking on inner and outer rings - good show area
Park shelters are open 10AM - 9:30PM
A Men's and Women's bathroom with bar soap as the Co. customer service rep. made sure to tell me...lol
And I believe there is a play area/climber for kids
AND
July 18th @ Byron and Aug. 22nd @ Madison - two dates!
You can find more info on this in the midwest section down below;)

Glad to hear you got the brake conversion done. Look forward to seeing it in the near future. Did you make it down to Ames last weekend?

Board members beware, he is faster in a corner than some are in a straight line!:cool: ;)

Welcome back Brett.

Attachments

• bmeyer.jpg
    bmeyer.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 170
Wow

HIGH PSI
I have the knowledge of the circle cars, now I want the knowledge you have on these buicks. no i was really busy, I was going to go racing in webster city saturday but we got rained out. then i was going to go to boone and instead i kept dolling up the Buick.

But now the weather is nice i gotta focus on the modified for the summer months. i wanted to get everything on the buick fixed before i get into racing this summer. tommorrow night i'm doing the steering column fix, and new cruise stalk, lube the speedo cable, and then put in the caspers piece for my tach that runs WFO all the time....lol

Hey i called hogues and Kurt is going to redo my seat bottoms, he has factory maroon material from 1987 (no joke) anyway i am going to drive my buick down there and leave it with kurt. when he is done i thought you could check it over and make sure that it runs good. you better hold on this baby is a rocket......

heres a pic of the 2009 Racecar. eat more cookies bar b-q sauce.

n877835396_5824560_8994.jpg

How many hundreds of miles are you away from sioux city-JEREMY, take note I asked "hundreds":rolleyes:

Let me take a guess, Council Bluffs area??? Anyway, I think you might be getting rained out friday, but either way good luck!!! My buddy at work races hobby stock out there. Went out for the ice breaker and broke the rear. Good thing he decided to go-lol!

Hey Jeremy, imagine driving it by yourself-makes it REALLY hard to stay awake:eek:

I-29 south exit 35, just about 10 miles past co bluffs. It's an 1/8th mile track.

John

The 2.2 mile road track at the motorplex is BAD A$$ on a bike!! love that 2222ft back straight!! They were still building the 1/8th mile when I was there last.:p

....If you are in the Ft. Dodge area then you should prolly be near the Cruise to the Woods show this fall, huh? ......welcome back!:D ---Keith

The 2.2 mile road track at the motorplex is BAD A$$ on a bike!! love that 2222ft back straight!! They were still building the 1/8th mile when I was there last.:p

....If you are in the Ft. Dodge area then you should prolly be near the Cruise to the Woods show this fall, huh? ......welcome back!:D ---Keith

We have been on "Cruise to the Woods" several times. We start in Ames and use Stratford as our "show", then stop in Dolliver State Park and watch the procession pass by on their way to Ft. Dodge. Usually dont have time to spend all day and go to the big show. Its a great time though! Especially leaving Stratford!:eek: :biggrin: