Iowa Guys?

So do any of the Iowa guys get together?
No. We like to just talk smack from behind keyboards! :LOL:

As soon as I get my frame off resto up and driving I might try to organize something.
I know for sure I'll be in the Vinton Car Show and Cruise - July 23rd and had I'd like to get over to the Buffalo Pumpkin Patch show in Oct. Would be nice to see some other guys in the shows too!

I usually try to go to the weekly cruise night at Bennigans on merle hay...and occasionally some regular car shows. I'm not much for "judged" car shows....as I have little interest in that. But I dig cars and bsing about cars with people.

I usually try to go to the weekly cruise night at Bennigans on merle hay...and occasionally some regular car shows. I'm not much for "judged" car shows....as I have little interest in that. But I dig cars and bsing about cars with people.
Your car is nice enough to be judged but I get it. Hours of cleaning- I want to drive it! I may do a couple judged shows just out of curiosity but mostly just go to hang out and expose more people to TRs. The Vinton cruise winds thru town and everyone sits on their lawns and watches all the cars drive by. Pretty cool. Then everyone parks downtown and walks around.

Any one in the Ames area want to give me ride in a Grand National. I would like to see what it feels like when the boost comes on. Looking for inspiration to build my car!

I work in Ames. If I get this boost thing under control I'll start driving it up a few times a month. I'll try to remember to let you know Oddmonte. I will warn you that it will be addictive and then expensive. LOL!

Hello everybody my name is Sean I live outside of Cedar Rapids does anybody know of any mechanic shops anywhere around Iowa that can work on these cars I have a 1984 T-Type . Thank you for your time.
Sean Fink

Hello everybody my name is Sean I live outside of Cedar Rapids does anybody know of any mechanic shops anywhere around Iowa that can work on these cars I have a 1984 T-Type . Thank you for your time.
Sean Fink
Welcome! You having troubles?

Welcome! You having troubles?
Well hello I am having some issues or I should say I am trying to be careful anyway I have a 84 t type that was a theft recovery that I bought back in 2001 so I haven't ran it since then . I have done a few things to it and want to do more but I also know that you have to be careful with these motors and I don't want to mess anything up I finally started it up yesterday and I have no idea what has been done to the car some of the body parts and interior are mismatched but the only thing I can tell that was taken off the motor was the MAF and I was wanting to have someone that knows more about it than myself maybe check it over I have done alot of research but I am still new to these lovely machines

Well hello I am having some issues or I should say I am trying to be careful anyway I have a 84 t type that was a theft recovery that I bought back in 2001 so I haven't ran it since then . I have done a few things to it and want to do more but I also know that you have to be careful with these motors and I don't want to mess anything up I finally started it up yesterday and I have no idea what has been done to the car some of the body parts and interior are mismatched but the only thing I can tell that was taken off the motor was the MAF and I was wanting to have someone that knows more about it than myself maybe check it over I have done alot of research but I am still new to these lovely machines
I'm in dsm....and I have extensive experience with hot air turbo Buicks....

I'm in dsm....and I have extensive experience with hot air turbo Buicks....
Hello there so far I have put in a new gas tank with sending unit and walboro 255 in tank fuel pump with the hotwire kit ,accufab fuel pressure regulator and fuel pressure gauge . I got impatient and started it without priming it and hoping I didn't do any damage to it . Very very stupid on my part since these motors are not a dime a dozen . Also I found a receipt from the previous owner that the car was stolen from had around $1600.00 of work with the transmission tried to get in touch with the previous owner but no luck because I dont know what all has been done to the car.

Turbonut85 or any one else in Iowa. Know how to make a draw through engine run hard? My car is such a dog.

My hot air draw through is a very low 11sec car....so, maybe? o_O
You have a hot air car and a draw through car? I would love to take a look at the draw through car some time. Maybe you could look at my car and give me some tips. I would buy you lunch some Saturday or something.

You have a hot air car and a draw through car? I would love to take a look at the draw through car some time. Maybe you could look at my car and give me some tips. I would buy you lunch some Saturday or something.
Hot air cars are draw through....lol. I have two IC cars and my hot air car...

No you mean. Draw through engines are hot airs too. Any how let me know if you want to hit me up for lunch sometime. Not sure if my car is spooling up right or making enough power as it should. It runs pretty decent and I know factory horsepower is only 175 horsepower. Like to compare it to another one, and know my options on how to make it better before I give up on it and join the 3800 bandwagon.

So I can't figure out how to upload pics of the white T I bought. When do you Iowa guys want to get together. I went to the cruise spot over on the south side dsm. Kinda lame. So I'd like to figure out something to do.

No you mean. Draw through engines are hot airs too. Any how let me know if you want to hit me up for lunch sometime. Not sure if my car is spooling up right or making enough power as it should. It runs pretty decent and I know factory horsepower is only 175 horsepower. Like to compare it to another one, and know my options on how to make it better before I give up on it and join the 3800 bandwagon.
84-85 fuel injected hot air cars are considered draw through setups since the turbo draws air through the throttle body unlike the IC cars in which the turbo pushes air through the throttle body.