Iowa area

85_Daphne

They call me Cowyboy...
I'm a young gun, and i have an all orgininal 85 HA and in the process of doing my 1st resto. on a car, its a 84 HA WH1 car. i was curious how many GN owners are in the Iowa area......i bound around the Iowa City/Coralville area alot and dont see many GN's, only one in fact. So i was just curious how many of us were in the Iowa Are.

I'm suprised you even saw one! There arent many of us in Iowa. I'm in Davenport, RapidoV6 is in Grinnell, Usteboost is in the Souix City area, Chadley is in the Des Moines.

see i knew you were in davenport JD. We havent actually met but i have read some of your posts and you have a slight rep in Dport. i used to go to scott comm. college so i know the area. there are at least 2 floating around iowa city/cedar rapids. a kid in iowa city is trying to see his 87 for around $10K and Duffy's in CR has an 85 for around $13...

Out of RapidoV6, Usteboost, and Chadley do you know what their cars are? HA or IC'd? i have 2 HA cars and my hands full, but i've been told your 86 is a wicked animal.......

and best of all, i keep the legand alive as much as possible with my 85 most of the people who i meet dont tangle with me or bother talkin trash, but i've had to teach a couple mustangs and a firebirds a lesson.....my car isnt fast it just aint slow neither....

The only person I know in Iowa that has a Hot Air is TurboNut85. His name is Keith, good guy! Otherwise we all pretty much have cold air cars.

i Think it'd be fun this next spring to try and gather all of our collective GN's and have a BBQ and beers and social hour....just my idea.... i dont see hardly any GN's very often and it'd be fun to be able to hang out with some fellow enthusiasts.

allgojoe, where at in CR you live?

My 86 LOW MILE GN went to Dave Marx's in Iowa:biggrin: Sioux City, Marx Trailer Sales!

Here I thought I was all alone here in DSM...the only one silly enough to keep the GN a Hot Air...Guess not.:D I just finished a frame off on my 85. Check it out in the show car/resto section. Under: GN 95% Done!! Got any ?'s shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to help if I can...maybe you could help me get mine to not run like a turd...all show and hardly any go!!:mad: :p ---Keith

Just watch for the white 3rd gen firebirds that say Turbo on them;) Im about 20 miles from Jeremy, but on the IL. side

Western Iowa/Omaha

Hi,

There are at least 10 Gn/Ttypes + one GN powered convertible '63 nova out west.......Omaha/Council Bluffs.

I know of at least 5 that will grow to 7-8 next spring, me included, running at Mid America Motorplex 1/8 mile track south of Council Bluffs on I-29.

King of the bunch at the track right now is Johnplogii here on turbobuicks.

Hi,

There are at least 10 Gn/Ttypes + one GN powered convertible '63 nova out west.......Omaha/Council Bluffs.

I know of at least 5 that will grow to 7-8 next spring, me included, running at Mid America Motorplex 1/8 mile track south of Council Bluffs on I-29.

King of the bunch at the track right now is Johnplogii here on turbobuicks.

I stay in Omaha on business a lot. Keep me posted when track runs are:biggrin:

Hey JOHNDEEREGN---Who wins this Saturday??? GO CYCLONES!!!:D :D :D
You coming to ISU to watch the game?? I'll be there!! Should be a good one if my CYCLOWNS show up and play this week!!!:rolleyes: Just messin around!:biggrin:

Hey JOHNDEEREGN---Who wins this Saturday??? GO CYCLONES!!!:D :D :D
You coming to ISU to watch the game?? I'll be there!! Should be a good one if my CYCLOWNS show up and play this week!!!:rolleyes: Just messin around!:biggrin:

You mean GO CLOWNS LOL:biggrin:

GO BIG RED:biggrin: Sorry, BACK ON TOPIC! LOL