Intro and min. post limit

Diggle

Hello members. Fairly new member here. Joined in 2019 after the passing of my father and taking over 2 TRs: 1 ‘86 GN that was parked, garages/covered but sitting for a while and an ‘87 T that was Dad’s daily fun/sleeper, but sat outdoors since bought in the early ‘90s. The GN I posted a thread on, my first, was for a long time sitting/first start, received a bunch of info to read, try and research on. That prj sadly is still pending but coming soon. The 87 T, that car needed some TLC, minor fixes, and just love from over a year of some neglect due to the health issues. Now I need to sell the 87 T as part of the estate. I tired to post a thread for it yesterday in Cars for Sale, but it was pulled. Now, I tried to read anywhere for “Rules” and found only the “Read the damn Rules” thread in there, but couldn’t find “The Rules” that was mentioned. I admit, I was surprised I didn’t see anything for a minimum post limit to enter any buy/sell forum as I have seen it on other non-TR-related forums for other things, but went forward anyway. So, where is the single thread for Rules please? I’d appreciate some direction, as I plan on being active here as I get into the GN and not just abuse the For Sale section and leave for good.

I feel a bit upset about it as one of the most common complaints on all sites was always the “Use the Search” for common questions. Yeah, I should have used it for the initial start thread when I joined, but I burned the search engine and site down over last 5 months+ trying to learn, research, fix the 2 cars and TRs in general. The issues I fixed on the T were done using the searches and trying it out myself, which did work in all but one so far. I coulda posted 30 threads for “101” things I guess, but I understand Rules are Rules and it’s not my site. That’s fine.

About me: I’m in eastern CT and would love to connect with fellow members that are within a stone’s throw of me. Dad had 3 TRs starting from ‘91 or so and thru the years, 2 I mentioned already. I helped work on these thru high school and college, but never learned about these cars to the detail I am now, especially as I get into the cars slowly. No plans on making a 10-sec+ monster, but obviously some mods and now general reboot in newer technology from stuff done in mid-90s thru mid-00’s when most upgrades were done. Not expecting a one month turnaround as I am not that naive. I’ve had my hands in cars for a lot of the basics and maybe “201”-like stuff, but understand these are not SBC’s and I’m learning that. I think assurance is one think I’ll be looking for at times. Anyhow, that’s my intro here and hope to contribute and one time when she’s ready bring the ‘86 to some G-body or similar event. In her prime, the ‘86 GN went to GS Nats in mid-90s and placed in her class.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
The Mods have had to clamp down hard on the For Sale section b/c of scammers and rip off artists. They are recent joins and suddenly have a stuff to sell. Unfortunately you fit that profile. Well, glad to hear you got some issues fixed on your own with guidance from your searches. So much has changed for the TBs since the 90s it's amazing. Only issue is now parts are getting very hard to find.

Diggle

Thanks Pronto for some clarity and I figured that may be the issue since I was fairly new and saw some scammer threads posted. Do you happen to know what the minimum limit is for posting in For Sale threads or the master "Rules" thread? I do have what I think is a great car that I want someone in this community to get vs selling it on the generic sites, which I will do. I have other questions I can post about to get to the min if that's all that's needed.