INTERESTING STORY - DOCUMENTATION

Dennis Kirban

Here is an interesting "true" story" More exact detail sin my weekly Inner Circle that many of you subscribe to. It also has photos of this. As many of you know we sold over 325 Turbo Regals. A few weeks back I got a call from a GN owner in Louisiana. He purchase about 3 years earlier from Texas a super mint 87 GN with 15,000 miles on it. At some point he was told it was a Kirban car from Minnesota.

He gave me the last 6 digits of the VIN and bingo it was a 87 GN that I had purchased from he twin cities in 2003 when it had roughly 11,000 miles on it. I paid 16 grand back then for the car. Car was flawless the seller I got it from ran a detail shop in the basement of a high rise parking garage in the twin cities in Minnesota. .

I sold the car for 20 grand to a customer in NY. Back in the summer of 2003. Now its 15 years later car has 15,000 miles on it. Car has gone less than 4,000 miles in 15 years. I trailered it from Minnesota to PA it went to NY then to Texas then to Louisiana. If you do the math this car probably has more trailer miles on it in the last 15 years than it has been driven. Plus I have no idea where else it may have been between NY and Texas.

The current owner wanted proof documentation as I believe he plans to sell the car since he only driven it like 300 miles in 3 years. Its all about documentation. I just went and put all my records in order. I got files on over 40 of the 1986 turbo cars I sold, over 235 of the 1987 models and 10 GNXs, 3 Syclones 1 Turbo TA and 1 Typhoon.

IN some cases I got window stickers others I even have certificate of origin. Plus if I owned it before 2003 I have every grand news printed newsletter from 1988 thru 2002 to nail down the actual ad. I have a fee for this which depends on what info I got

Point is all I need is the last 6 digits of your 86-87 VIN to determine if your turbo regal has passed thru my hands at some point in its life. I sold mostly nice examples so its safe to assume many are still on the road 25 plus years later. Course instead of 10 records on GNXs wish I had the 10 GNXs instead. I have sold zero 1984-1985 Turbo Regals. This does not include all the other cars I have sold over that time spam mostly 5.0s and BMWs.

Documentation is critical with the cars skyrocketing in value its the documentation that ads to the value.

My email is denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks Mr. Kirban for your continued work and what you’ve done for the Turbo Buick community!