Intercoolers

Howling Mad

Any chance of getting some intercooler setup pics and info? I'm sure most are running some kind of front mount, just curious what others are running

With a front mount you block your radiator and condenser, your engine will run hot and you A/C will have trouble cooling. Compact Water cooled intercooler in front of the engine, big-ass Stewart-Warner water pump and 5 gallon water reservoir in the trunk with the largest lines you can run. You can either fill the tank with ice water or run to a heat exchanger in front (a much more compact unit) than a typical front mount (Shearer Fabrication). I use a custom Bell water intercooler, you can work with Bell on a design or go with a Shearer unit, Bell uses the finest cores you can buy. Shearer makes some real slick units that fit on the intake for an LS motor.
IMG_2178.jpg

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_2178.jpg
    IMG_2178.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 55
LMAO!!:ROFLMAO:
Looks like Grumpy's trolling efforts are working! ;)
Ya gotta watch that sneaky ol' coot!

Attachments

• 20220513_164038.jpg
    20220513_164038.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

These type of liquid intercooler have pros and cons but they fit in our engine bay and offer great pressure drop. Precision/Turbonetics might've stopped making theirs due to possibly the big Mishimoto price drop.
I don't think it will fit with an lsx