intercooler and e85

Howling Mad

Just looking for opinions on rather it would be worth it to put an intercooler on my gtp with E85 or if it would be a waste of money. Thanks.

both are very much worthwhile , either would allow you to pulley down. Don't usually see them both run on the same car on this platform but do on other platforms so no reason you couldn't.

Neither is going to give you gains by itself you will need to increase boost by dropping pulley size to make gains from either , you would also need supporting mods and tuning especially fuel system upgrades to deal with the added volume of fuel needed to run the e85.

Is your car already modded ? what mods ? do you have a goal in mind ?

Both! .. if have access to e85.. do it.. just upgrade injectors. Full stack intercooler... You can deep into the 12s without a cam on an nice IC e85 setup. Just tune for it and can
net some good results.

PRJ was at 12.3's on e85/intercooler with stock cam, stock gen3 blower, stock TB, ect... Just a lot of tuning work and good 60 foots.

If stock pump, invest in a Racetronix harness and pump setup and will do you well on e85.

Right now it's mostly stock but I've got a gen v sc and lim I plan on putting and a new fuel pump and 60# injectors I haven't installed yet. I'm looking into headers and an intake. So now I'm trying to decide if I should go rockers or intercooler. Really just want a quick dd

Fullsize Intercooler ... rockers are ok but once you knock the intercooler out, you can do the other mods later on if feel like it.

Since got the injectors.. just need the tune and pulley to go along with it and should be able to net some great gains with the intercooler
coupled with the other mods tacked on.

IC should be on every m90 setups list of things to do first. :)

Any problems with hood clearance with a full-size ic? I know it's a problem on lower cars, which I'd like to eventually do. I just don't want to cut my hood.

I have a ASCD GTX Style hood on my GP with a full size zzp intercooler and fits just fine without cutting.
Its lowered and don't use any cradle / engine mount spacers. So axles have probably taken a beating over the
past 10 years. If no spacers put in, then probably not to much to worry about.

I think some of the original ZZP and other knock offs were 2.5" thick but at some point ZZP got them down to 2.25" thick
which seemed to help with clearing for a lot of people.

Don't bother with the SSIC (short stack intercooler) ....

I planned on putting full-size one on. And really I only planned on dropping it an inch, which I don't know if it will cause axle problems or not its hard to find people that only did a 1" drop.

1" drop shouldn't be so bad. I think mine is around 2" drop and as said, been on that for 10 years now.

Nope.. none. Only thing mount wise done, is the stocker radiator mounts, I spun the rubber blocks so to be more "solid"

Everyone has opinions.. but for me for years the Autolite 104's have been my plug of choice for most of the simple - mild setups..

Gap ranges .050 - .055 it seems.

I run the Autolite 103's in my daily GP that has ran a 12.4's ... and gap is somewhere in the .045 range.

Also use the 103's in my turbo GP that is in the 10s, with a gap in the .030 - .035 range...