intercooler air dam ?

zacks gn

I purchased a bgc stretched intercooler but I dont have the air dam for the front of it I think its called a slic. Anybody know where I can get one that fits as I know they're out of business .

That's going to be a trick. It might be easier to build one from scratch or try and modify your stock shroud to cover the extra 1/2 core.

On a side note, it might be a good idea to pressure test it first before you put it on.

Didnt pressure test it but did fill it with water and no leaks .how do you go about pressure testing it? Yeah though about extending the factory one , but those aluminum ones look a lot nicer.

Check with Bweavy to see if his SLIC shroud might fit - and if he sells them separately.

Attachments

• 23 Row Stock Location Intercooler FROM GBODYPARTSstocklocation_0809.jpg
    23 Row Stock Location Intercooler FROM GBODYPARTSstocklocation_0809.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 137
  • $(KGrHqJHJDQE+(W!qduGBQIq55Iih!~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqJHJDQE+(W!qduGBQIq55Iih!~~60_3.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_0685%20[Desktop%20Resolution].jpg
    100_0685%20[Desktop%20Resolution].jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 130
Didnt pressure test it but did fill it with water and no leaks .how do you go about pressure testing it? Yeah though about extending the factory one , but those aluminum ones look a lot nicer.

Two 4-6" pieces of approx 2" PVC pipe, Two 2" PVC end caps, PVC glue, 2 short pieces of IC hose, 4 T-bar clamps, one threaded tire valve stem, a paddle bit, a drill, and air compressor, a regulator set to 25 PSI, an air hose, and an air chuck
And a big tank of water.
Kinda like a boost tester.
I'd post a pic of mine - but I'm tired of the cold rain going out to the shop.

Two 4-6" pieces of approx 2" PVC pipe, Two 2" PVC end caps, PVC glue, 2 short pieces of IC hose, 4 T-bar clamps, one threaded tire valve stem, a paddle bit, a drill, and air compressor, a regulator set to 25 PSI, an air hose, and an air chuck
And a big tank of water.
Kinda like a boost tester.
I'd post a pic of mine - but I'm tired of the cold rain going out to the shop.

damn that's a bunch of trouble!!! :D

Or you can just get a minibike innertube, cut it, put the ends over the intercooler ports and fill it up!! LOL (I might have came up with that idea when I was a Yamaha service manager and had my intercooler off at work doing a timing chain swap :) )

Going to have to go to home Depot .is bweay from gbody parts?

And Pep Boys, NAPA or wherever for the threaded tire valve stem.
You may want to use coupler hoses you don't care about - since the PVC is slippery and you might want to shoot some screws in it.
Use RTV, or whatever goop you choose inside to hold it.
But i've found you still need to shoot a couple of sheet metal screws thru the hose coupler into the PVC to hold it from blowing off - even at 25 PSI.

Or you can just get a minibike innertube, cut it, put the ends over the intercooler ports and fill it up!! LOL (I might have came up with that idea when I was a Yamaha service manager and had my intercooler off at work doing a timing chain swap :) )

Yeah - I like that one too.
It's cool.

The words sounded like a lot more work than it actually is.
It took me all of about 5 minutes to fab up those two pieces of PCV - but I like yours as well.
Now - for the mini bike....hmmmmm..sorry kids - I need that inner tube..for ...errr..something...:D

Please post the exact part number, exact price, along with a url link for that mini bike tube....:D

They post my picture at just about every dumpster as it is...another one?

hello people; As far as the shroud goes there a a few vendors selling bigger SLIC and I'm sure they could help you out with dims. and getting one. I'd get the thing mounted first and go from there after a good cleaning of the IC. Is it dented or looked abused at all? Was it newly painted when you got it? I forget when I installed my PT&E product if I had the shroud installed or after installation. There's going to be plenty of air going to it with out the shrould till you come up with one. You could even make it out of a strurdy cardboard till you come up with a proper one.
IBBY

Modding the stock shroud for an old style 1.5 stretched is not that hard to pull off. It's different story if you are talking about 0ne of the newer style 21 row bar & plate SLIC's