Intake Question - Removing the hump

i have removed my egr hump in my 87 manifold . what i did was take a small piece of sheet metal and some jb weld and cover the hole and smear jb weld all around it so it was air tight . then after it dried i smoothed it out with some sand paper . not sure it made a giant difference but i felt like i was accomplishing something massive lol

I did the same thing, I did my heads too, bigger bell between the turbo and manifold. made a huge difference. 5lbs feels like 10lbs now. I have other mods that help too though so..

Ï
Very Interesting train of thought, Mr. Turbo Riviera. Perhaps someone that removed the whole hump from their manifold could chime in with their results?

I really appreciate all of the input you guys are giving me on this.
Thank you!
This is what I did..
I have decided that I am going to port my manifold. I am planning on pulling it off next week, so I still have some time to decide exactly what to do with it. I am also going to have the EGR port welded shut, since right now I just have a block-off plate.

Also, if I can sell my winter beater, I will be shipping my stock turbo to Limit for some "improvements." :D

View attachment

Arg... i can't upload the files..
By the why that's awesome man. That was my first attempt. Since then I have removed the entire egr hump. The ports subsequently are bigger. I can't remember who it was, they wrote a bit how the intake is designed to flow AS a high pressure area. So I thought why not try to reduce the drag between plenum sides.. I did other things as well at the same time so I couldn't say how difference it made. However as a package I'm really excited to see how well it tunes..