Intake manifold coolant

Kyleh24

86 GN , 87 White T
I have a Turbo-T. Is there any logical reason why a previous owner had looped the coolant line off the heater hoses (that go to the intake manifold) back to themselves, and also connected each port on the intake manifold to each other with a section of hose?

Thanks Kyle

Can you elaborate? The reason I asked is that the looped back piece of hose is a very tight bend, and decided to split, soaked the hood pad, ran the car hot etc. My decision now is to run them back to the manifold or not. Thanks

Cool intake air is what you want--so delete the circuit that puts hot coolant right up next to the throttle body. If you don't like the look or possible leak path of the arrangement that you now have, you can buy a replacement tube that eliminates those two openings...

many have looped it so it doesnt go to the throttle body thinking it adds heat to the incoming air ...thats bogus its just a small passage that runs under the edge of the throttle blade to keep the edge of the throttle blade from icing at idle in winter
you wont see any gain with it looped at the heater rail
you really shouldnt need it to run through the throttle body and is just another hose that can leak
most just loop the lines at the heater rail , the looping a hose at the throttle body fittings isnt needed but the hose was there (coming from driverside) so thats what they did
just replace the hose at the rail with a quality piece of hose

Those lines are routed to the throttle body to heat it up. In our cars, we like cold, dense air coming into the engine to make the most power.

Thanks to all. I will fix as was, looped.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app