INJECTOR QUESTION

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
BOSCH part number 0 280 160 237. is a BMW fuel regulator which is rated at 3 bar ( 44 psi ) my question is does this regulator have the ability to increase pressure along with boost or is it a fixed value no matter what. Or to put it simply will it work on a TR.. Why I ask is because of our smog laws in Calif. forbid adjustable regulators under penalty of imprisonment.

That's what I use. Line off pressure is about 42.5 and raises 1 for 1 with boost no issues. I think the tta came with them

sent from deep within a tomato field

The early-days "hack" was to hook a pressure gauge up to the fuel rail, place a 1 in. socket on top of the regulator, and whack it with a hammer, crushing the top of the regulator. Every blow of the hammer would increase the base fuel pressure, but you had to be careful; you could overdo it, and once you do, the regulator becomes a part for the trash bin.

The later "improved" way to do it was to use a drilled out set screw, tap the inside of the vacuum tube on top of the factory regulator, then thread it into the tube. Then you can adjust it using an Allen wrench, and it was completely hidden and un-detectable. I think someone in CA came up with that hack. Completely stealth and looked factory stock.

Thanks all,I am forever grateful that you have saved me from a lifetime of misery behind bars should I of gotten caught with an adjustable fuel regulator :wacky:

Posted here, on the public forum...those emission nazi's are probably snooping. But, chances are, they don't know how to read. Don't sweat it, Lou!

Posted here, on the public forum...those emission nazi's are probably snooping. But, chances are, they don't know how to read. Don't sweat it, Lou!
Thanks John, I just don't want to wind up being someones girlfriend in jail, My butt is exit only :wacky: